Print Thread
#84727 31/05/04 01:07 PM
B
BNCR Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
I've been getting the error "DCC Resume from <username> rejected (invalid parameters)" when I try to send a file.

#84728 31/05/04 01:22 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
This has been reported a few times and from what I've seen, a solid consistent fix is not available. You might try going to DCC port options:

ALT+O > Connect > Options > [Advanced...]

And check "Bind sockets to IP address" and then put in your LAN IP.

It might be an FServe script error as I manage to resume perfectly well on 6.14 and have never experienced this error. You can get "invalid parameters" when the DCC exploit is attempted to be used against you, however, that shouldn't happen in a Resume situation. This thread might interest you.

You could also do a Forum Search for something like "invalid parameters" and see what other threads you can find, and see if their solutions may help you. Expand to 'All Forums' and 'All Posts' to benefit the maximum number of results.

Hope it gets sorted smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#84729 01/06/04 07:26 AM
S
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
S
hi , i have the same problem , i use mirc 6.4 , i don`t have a local network i`m direcly connected to the internet (cable connection) and i can`t resume , it gives me the same error what should i do?

thanx in advance,
best regards
-Raul grin

#84730 01/06/04 12:10 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Check my points above and, as I said above, check out the search feature to see what the other threads say about the issue.

I can't really think of anything else. Are you legitimately file sharing? All sorts of problems occur when you do things like download mp3s/movies/software/etc. and I find people that use mIRC for getting text files or their friends holiday pictures have less issues with DCC than people who mass file trade.

If you are mass file sharing, the best solution I could give you is stop doing it smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard