mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#84658 30/05/04 09:14 PM
S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
heyyy..its my time now to get into irc...i heard about all the fun tht is avail.....someboady get back @ me....l8 cool

#84659 30/05/04 09:19 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Welcome to the world of IRC smile

..but I think you took a wrong turn! This is a message board for people who need help with mIRC or discuss IRC/mIRC issues, or report bugs/suggest features for mIRC. This isn't actually IRC, this is a forum.

IRC is "Real time" so, 95% of the time, when you send a message, someone else will see it pretty much instantly and they can reply back. On these boards however, it could be several minutes, hours or even days before anyone replies to you.

For information on getting mIRC setup and connecting to an IRC network and channel to start chatting see the How To Install page and the More Info page for some links. Once in mIRC, type /ircintro and if you need help, apart from posting here, you can always type /help, go to the #Help or #mIRC channel on the network you use (type /join #Help,#mIRC) or use the Search feature on these forums as many questions have been asked and answered before.

Have fun smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#84660 31/05/04 02:59 AM
S
OP Offline
S
lol....ok...ty<<<
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Use this forum to talk about IRC, mIRC, and other general topics.
i thought this acually meant wht it reads
i thought this topic is under OTHER GENERAL TOPICS
confused

#84661 31/05/04 03:03 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Yep, this is 'general' discussion, but you haven't really given us anything to particularly talk about smile

What did you want debated in particular?

As an FYI, for the purpose of general netiquette and future posts, there's no need to separate all your lines with a lot of "+_+_+_" etc.!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#84662 31/05/04 03:07 AM
S
OP Offline
S
ok, thts kewl...let talk about reverse lookup.....my isp is givning me control over forward and reverse lookup zones on my ips......how will this benefit me???

#84663 31/05/04 03:15 AM
S
OP Offline
S
im thinking itll be fun with mIRC.....hehe
fwd and rev lkup znes.....he....just more logs to go thru prob.....

#84664 31/05/04 03:17 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
In terms of IRC I don't see how it will 'benefit' you as such. Can't say I'm a techy person when it comes to DNS etc. so it might benefit you in other ways, ask your ISP. I wouldn't recommend playing around with your IP lookup method if you don't know what you're doing though.

Lots of information about it can be found here though, might be a good idea to look over it.

Another FYI, you can edit your posts within 2 hours of posting them, so if you forgot to post something, you can go back and add to it rather than posting twice smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#84665 31/05/04 03:25 AM
S
OP Offline
S
ty.....i will chk out the dns thing......thx---now i kn i can chg stuff

Link Copied to Clipboard