Print Thread
Q
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Q
anyone out there know how to make an exe or script that:
(on first run)
1) prompts the user for his/her desired nick,Email address, and password.

2) retrieves a server list from an online location(reads from external user editable .ini file for that location's http address)
-writes these server addresses to the same .ini file

3) connects to each server on that list and registers that user info with nickserv
4) if an error occurs on ANY server register action,
such as nick already in use, then deregister the above
and prompt for a different/altered nick.
5) if all went well write the user's info to either the same .ini file or a separate one.
6) during subsequent startups:rechecks the online address
for server changes, and reads the user info from the .ini file
when attempting to register on a new network.
obviously there should be error checking to insure a valid email was entered, and minimum and maximum nick and password characters are followed. a stand alone exe would be most helpful for an inital setup utility, but a script that accomplishes the same thing would make it possible to manage a large group automatically, keeping them updated
with the latest changes. Basically I'd like some way of auto-updating Mirc from an online site.

X
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
X
If i understand what your wanting.. I have seen scripts that do this. Although i never tried them, or know if they did what they claimed. Most networks have a 2 stage registration, so you'll need to "confirm" also on most. With that in mind,, that could be a long complicated script.. not to mention other security features.. may be something done manually wink

sometimes these are as bad as quit messages :tongue:

Link Copied to Clipboard