mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
I am very new to this and did the best I could. I am going to be chairing a meeting on alanon, MIP and I downloaded all the program and scripts that I am supposed to use: I am getting into the chatroom just fine, also the testpage, however, I don't seem to have the scipts in mirc and don't know how to get them there. At the test page in the chatroom I am supposed to type /load -rs txplay60.mrc, after doing this I got a msg saying file not found, so obviously it isn't in the mirc program how do I get that and the other files in there. Thank you, without this answered, I won't be prepared to chair the meeting Barbara Thomas confused

Last edited by barbhere; 15/05/04 05:49 PM.

chat if you'd like at my page
X
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
X
One of two ways:
1. when you type the "load command" enter the full path..:
/load -rs c:\path\to\your\file\script.mrc

2. Find the file via search.. and move it to your main mIRC folder, you can do this by opening explorer "drag and drop" it into your mIRC or copy/paste it to mIRC. Then the /load -rs filrname.mrc will work -easiest ways i know of.

-cheers

sometimes these are as bad as quit messages :tongue:
B
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
I knida tried that, but not real well, will try again, and thank you very, very much xxxyodaxxx. blush Barb

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
You might also try typing in mIRC: //echo -a $findfile(C:\,*txplay*,0,echo -a $1-)

Good luck!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
B
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
Still isn't working guys, but thanks for trying, I definitly am doing something wrong and I've fought with it so much I am not thinking clearly, for heaven sakes, I used to write comp. programs, can you belive that and a simple solution is here, I just can't find it. May have to start over from the top and re'configure everything Love you guys for trying. :tongue:

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
If you've used the above commands/methods to find the file then I highly doubt the file is on your computer any longer. Try searching google and redownloading it.

You mentioned a "page" of some sort - if you're connecting to IRC through a website then it's probably using a Java client of some sort - which won't have the /load command available. You must be using the mIRC IRC client to use the /load command. /help /load may also assist you.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard