mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
A
I want to lock mirc 6.12's editor but the lockeditor.dll that we used to use can not do that... what can i do?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I didn't realise a DLL existed that could do this. In any case locking it is completely pointless if the purpose you want it to serve is to stop your script being ripped. Good Old Notepad will open the script files quite easily and bypass any DLL.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I don't think you should be locking the remote editor, restricting such a feature in mIRC is not only dangerous and silly, but considered lame by many. Scripts that have such features are rarely used.
If the reason you want to do it is "ripping" (this is assuming you are releasing some sort of script) then that is the price you pay for releasing scripts to the public. People sometimes do rip stuff - good websites usually reject these kind of scripts though.

As for the DLL not working, it probably hasn't been updated to work with 6.12/6.14 or something - contact the author of the DLL. Make sure you're using it correctly though. I'd recommend using the latest version (6.14) of mIRC though so you can benefit from the latest bug fixes and features and scripting methods.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
To add to this all: the only purpose of such a feature would be to prevent people who you give your script to from editing the code. not only can this simply not be done (remember notepad?), it is also a direct violation of the mIRC user agreement, since what you do cripples the program's functionality, which is not allowed.

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius

Link Copied to Clipboard