Print Thread
#82907 13/05/04 05:42 PM
E
Exlax Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
E
for some reason the part messages aren't showing up anymore. theres no script i have for this...so whats the option i need to fix?

#82908 13/05/04 05:47 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
How are you parting the channel? Simply closing the channel window won't work unless you have a script specifically set to do so. If you have one, then it could be this that is causing the issue. /Part #channel part-msg-here should work just fine.

It may not show up on some channels if they have certain modes set. For example, the +m mode will suppress /part messages and often /quit messages too. If the channel is set +m then it could be that. If the part message has colour in it, and the channel has the +c mode set on it, that could also be the issue. Check out the network's #Help channel for any other modes which could be causing this to occur.

To ensure a script isn't causing the problem, use /!part #channel msg, or use /!remote off (or indeed use both, but not necessary!)

The mIRC client itself has nothing to do with part messages so it's not a bug in mIRC or anything - although unlikely, it may even be a problem with the IRCd.

Best of luck smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#82909 13/05/04 09:05 PM
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
+m just disallows the ability to say anything in channel. but you can still see what ops, halfops and Voices are saying. you can also see part/quit messages.

there is a set of options in the mirc options section. not exactly sure where since im at work and dont have mirc here. where you can set it to show parts/quits/join/whois ect... in channel windows.

perhaps someone else here can clear up the exact location of these options for me.

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
#82910 13/05/04 09:14 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
A lot of IRCds (if not all) squelch part messages when +m is set - At least EFnet/Undernet/DALnet do, haven't tested it on others. Seeing as half of the IRC population use those networks I tend to assume, unless stated otherwise by the person wanting help, that the top 5-10 networks are setting the general standard of how a network will operate and that they are most likely using one of them.

Anyway, now they you've mentioned it I may well have been looking at the persons post from the wrong angle heh, so, Exlax, check that you haven't got 'Parts' set to 'Hide' or 'Status' in ALT+O > IRC > [Events] - also, right click the channel tab button and go to 'Events' and make sure the channel is not specifically set to hide parts.

Hope this may help s'more.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#82911 13/05/04 09:17 PM
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
I am most likely just as much to blame as far as seeing through only one side of the looking glass mentality smile i did not know that dalnet/efnet/undernet did that. it is something i will have to check out when i get home.

but hey.. you learn something new every day eh smile

btw. thanks for picking up my post with a well made explaination of instructions smile

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk

Link Copied to Clipboard