Print Thread
#81779 03/05/04 11:16 PM
V
VeEzy Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
V
can someone tell me y packetnews.com wont load on my cpu anymore? everytime i try going there internet optomizer appears and says the website cannot be found but if i try goin 2 that website on another cpu it works fine

#81780 04/05/04 02:27 AM
F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
1) Please do not cross-post
2) This has nothing to do with mIRC...

#81781 04/05/04 02:39 AM
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
1. See here

2. Your inability to view a website has nothing to do with mIRC however, i suggest you try specifying a proxy in IE.

#81782 04/05/04 08:01 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
One would think "Internet Optimizer" is causing the issues smile - Try uninstalling it (to fully do so you probably need to go to 'Add\Remove Programs') and then restarting your computer. You might also try resetting your browser settings. For Internet Explorer go to:

Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > [Restore Defaults]

You could also check for any spyware on your computer and see if that could be causing the issue - if you're using packetnews.com it wouldn't be surprising if your computer was crawling with the stuff! Try using Ad-Aware and Spybot-S&D.

Note, packetnews is widely used and widely known to be a source of XDCC files. mIRC is not a file sharing program, it's a client used to connect to IRC - which is for chatting smile - Remember that downloading mp3s/movies/software is illegal and often a good way to contract a virus.

Also note: This was originally posted in the "cross-posted" thread in the General Discussion forums, I deleted that and posted here - this is an example of why you should not cross post!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard