Ok, if you rem out a variable line (by placing a semicolon (;) directly before the percent (%) symbol), the sorter button (AB button) will still sort the list of variables as if you did NOT rem it out (with the semicolon). If you hit the AZ button after remming the variables out, NOTHING changes (if you've already had a pre-existing alphabetized list). Is this deliberate? A bug?? Just something I noticed and posted here in case Im jsut not understanding something and it is NOT a bug (no point reporting it unless it is smile ) It would seem to me that a ; does not ahve the same value of a % in an alphabetized sort. Something else weird I just came across (same type of issue). Let's say I have 2 variables:

%test Your'e soo vain, you probably think this variable's about you
;%test Double double, toil & trouble, I burst your bubble

Now, if you UNrem the 2nd variable and resort it, it places the 2nd variable first and if you re-rem it out, it shows it in the order above. Now, Im not sure, but should mirc put the one starting with D first and the one starting with Y second? Does mirc's variable list hit the ; and ignore the whole line as if it doesnt even exist?

Am I going nuts here? LOL

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it