OP Offline
Babel fish
S
Hm... so, again... Transparent desktop window would be nice. As in :

1. Window Style : No border.
2. EditBox : No border.
3. Window : Transparent.

Results :

You get your text ON the desktop background without seeing the window or edit-box itself! Very cool feature.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Umm, is this not the same as your other two suggestions? Those other two threads that were locked? wink

When you make a suggestion, Khaled will read it. It is extremely unlikely that he will reply and tell you if it will be included next version, that is hardly ever done. Not getting a reply doesn't mean it won't be included. Posting the same suggestion over and over again is unnecessary and irritating however.

Thanks for your contribution to mIRC, but posting 3 times doesn't make us 3 times as grateful, nor does it make it 3 times more likely Khaled will add it smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
W
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
W
I agree that it's going overboard to make it a 3rd time, but looking at the direction the other 2 took and the other recent topic, perhaps he is hoping that maybe this time the request will be a request without any debating in it. And in a way, I think that would leave a better taste or sign of encouragement if he is making a request feature and there is no fighting within the entire thread (with him being one of the participants).

Just my opinion.. Live and let live, ya know.
cool

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
heh, well Khaled is the only one who can decide what goes in or out of mIRC. So not like the debating does too much anyway.

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Quote:
I agree that it's going overboard to make it a 3rd time, but looking at the direction the other 2 took and the other recent topic,

That was his fault they took that direction.. And in fact nobody was debating his suggestion really.. More his aggresive and rude behaviour. If you "agree that it's going overboard " then why try to justify it?

Just my opinion smile

S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
I don't care what YOU guys reply. I want Khaled to see this suggestion. That's all.

Cheers.

shocked

W
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
W
It might be true how the first one went, but the second one, and kind of this one are starting out with others causing the gripes. I agree that he has an attitude problem, but in all fairness, if he doesn't act obnoxious, then why punish him for the other posts if he hasn't yet demonstrated a reason to be reminded of it?

I think we're all more mature than that. Let's see if anyone else likes his idea and endorses the idea as well.
cool

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Well he's probably seen it 3 times now hasn't he? If you don't care what anyone else replies I don't really see why you posted it more than once.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
Quote:
I don't care what YOU guys reply.

I don't care what is your post about.
(my IQ = 144)

velicha dusha moja Gospoda
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I can assure you that Khaled reads these forums, and has therefore seen your feature suggestion each time it was raised. However, please dont be disappointed or think he hasnt read it if you dont see a reply from him, as he rarely announces what he is considering for future versions.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Quote:

I don't care what YOU guys reply. I want Khaled to see this suggestion. That's all.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume Khaled has read all 3 of your threads suggesting this as he does often check these forums. But you have to stop and think that Khaled may or may not want to add this feature for his own reasons. Khaled I assume is still a very busy person when it comes to mIRC and some things are just priority over hundreds of other suggestions.

Think about it would you rather have an issue with your copy of mIRC over some stupid exploit, or to be able to see text on your desktop. And you cannot have both. I personally would rather see the more important issues be taken care of over a silly feature.

You only need to make a suggestion once, no matter if the thread gets closed, it does get read. Maybe if you exercise some patience and just enjoy mIRC for what it is at this time and maybe your suggestion may get added. Showing hostility toward others over this issue is rather ridiculous if you think about it.

And if you haven't figured it out yet, as Khaled is fairly busy half the time, you will see more replies from us volunteers. If you don't like it thats your opinion. All i'm saying for now is excercise some patience because your suggestion has been noted.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
ENOUGH already! You have posted the same request 3 times now (that I've seen). Any further requests by you on this subject will be removed by me as soon as I see them. You are abusing your posting privilidges, as far as I'm concerned. Feel free to think of me however you like, but this is getting ridiculous.

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C

Link Copied to Clipboard