Print Thread
D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Hi All,

OK, another brain dead afternoon here.
</begin rant> As we know its possible to add a user to the Auto voice and Auto Op list etc using the relevant command Avoice and Aop ( handy for placing in a popup for quickly adding someone to the relevant list ) smirk

What about removing the same person from the chosen list? confused
I just noticed this, there is no Rvoice or Rop option, like auser and guser have the ruser option, only its a different list, if you know what I mean. </end rant>

So at the end of that rant what am I asking? How do I remove someone from one of the A-lists without having to do it manually?

Any help is appreciated as always! wink

Regards,
Diz

Dizkonnekted from reality....!
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
/avoice -r nickname or /avoice -r nick!user@hostmask

Same for the /aop, /protect and /ignore lists.

Hope this helps smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Hi Mentality,

Thanks for the swift response, and I missed the other posters name that replied, thanks to you too. Although the second response will remove the address, thats not what I am looking for as it leaves the nick behind. And I have not specified an address anyway!

Anyhow, the /avoice -r nickname wont work. And you can try this for youself. I should have posted this earlier but anyhow, example follows.

I have a simple popup for the nicklist to add someone to the voice list, so maybe this is where I am going wrong, although it seems straight forward enough:
Add user
.Add 2 voice list : avoice -rw $$1

Thats it, now if I add say someone with the nick Vicki__UK it will add the following to the list:
Vicki__UK!*@* because i have specified the -r to remove the address and w makes it apply to any network.

Now if I do as you suggested, and please test this yourself, it will just *update* the entry for this user!!

So as far as I can see the switches ( -rw ) are working as intended!! It will not remove the user!

Any further ideas?

Regards,
Diz

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Quote:

Add user
.Add 2 voice list : avoice -rw $$1

You wouldn't specify the -r switch if you were adding a user.

If you did:

"Add user
.Add 2 voice list : avoice -w $$1"

And then right clicked a nickname and clicked 'Add 2 voice list' you would get the correct return of * Added Nickname!*@* to auto-voice list.

If you then do /avoice -rw nickname then it will remove the nickname from the auto-voice list. If you specify the -w switch when adding a user, you must specify it when removing one too, but with the added -r next to it (hence -rw).

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
.aop add: aop -w $$1 (adds the nick!*@*)
.aop del: aop -rw $$1 (removes nick!*@*)

avoice is the same

The -r is used to remove the entry, not to remove the address. Not specifying a 'type' makes it add the nick as nick!*@*
specifying a type ( aop -w $$1 3 ) will add the address instead of the nick ( *!ctrlaltdel@*.mirc.com )

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
you're just too fast grin

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Hi Mentality,

Thanks a bunch, I was hoping it would be something simple, and as it turned out, you were right! wink
It now works, thanks again for the help! grin

Regards,
Diz

Link Copied to Clipboard