mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
I think my last post was a bit not clear. So I post it again hoping this time you guys will READ it.

I would like to suggest that you can make a desktop window transparent. as in, you do NOT see the window... but ONLY the text. Now this is completely diffrent than alphablending.

and PLEASE, no more "helping me" with that setlayer thingy... it just shows that you didn't read my post. smile

Cheers!

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
* Mentality frowns

Someone suggested you use /setlayer. You then continued to be extremely rude and arrogant in your replies, I wouldn't be surprised if you're deliberately trying to annoy people.

Posting the same suggestion is unnecessary and irritating, especially as your original thread was only spoilt by your own rude replies, even when others tried to be nice and reasonable with you (like me for example).

For the benefit of others, the original suggestion was posted here.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
Dude... STOP... STOP writting about that damn setlayer!!! wtf...

besides, it is MY thread. u don't like it, don't reply to it! heh...

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'm a little lost here... If you are so sure that full transparancy is supported then why can't you implement it? Furthermore is there any other programme for Windows that does have full transparency? I haven't seen any. X Chat does something similar, though I don't know how it is achieved, where it displays the desktop wallpaper it covers inside its windows. You might want to have a look at that and go from there.

By the way, like it or not, /setlayer is useless as it's no longer supported. So that ends that argument.

M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
Quote:
So I post it again hoping this time you guys will READ it.

I don't want to read your post... Am I clear enought???

velicha dusha moja Gospoda
W
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
W
Hey, Mentality dude...

/ignore siyavash
/silence +siyavash*!*@*
/silence $+(+,$address(siyavash,2))
/mode # +b $address(siyavash,2)
/auser autokick $address(siyavash,3)
on +autokick:join:#:kick # $nick Please get a hint and a clue.

Oh wait... This is a message board about mirc.. Not mirc itself.. Nevermind then.
grin

S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
too late, u already read it! mohahhaaa

S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
it's "IRC", not mIRC you <deleted by moderator>

Last edited by ParaBrat; 27/04/04 05:23 AM.
S
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
S
hey watchdog, thnx for the reply. Yes, it is fully possible to have a transparent window in win2k / 2k3 / xp, but not in 9x I think. sadly, everyone come up with that stupid /setlayer , they don't seem to undrestand the diffrence between alphablended and transparent.

I might make a tool for this soon if I can find the time after work... I'll let u know smile

cheers!

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Before somebody completely cusses me out (which will happen, it usually does) I just wanted to include something that I have been wanting to say for the longest time now. So moderators, I am gonna apologize in advance for this while slipping Parabrat some PB cookies.

Quote:

it's "IRC", not mIRC you dumb ass lamer.

<rant>
Last I checked this forum is for topics relating to mIRC. And when I see posts of nothing but name-calling nowadays it annoys me because that post could have been used for someone in more need for help or what not. Now some people probably deserve to have their corn-hole ripped by another but ya gotta remember that there is a time and a place for that.

Also, you should stop and consider that It annoys the moderators alot more because they have to decide whether or not to sort through tons of posts just to edit or delete them, or by simply locking the thread.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not intentionally singling out this one little comment that I included along with this post, believe me I could probably spend more than a week just to include others that I have observed. If getting "one" (meaning the last word) over another tickles your fancy use the friggin PM feature rather than dragging topics off course and then making the moderators lock the thread.
</rant>

Now with that being said, I apologize again to everyone I just had to say something. Besides it's creepin up on beer-thirty anyways smile

W
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
W
Quote:
it's "IRC", not mIRC you dumb *** lamer.

I have reported that post for it's content.

Until the moderators have looked into it, I recommend that everyone else do the same.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
what part of "use common courtesy and stop with the rudeness, insults, and name calling" is beyond your comprehension? The kind of behavior you have consistently shown isnt acceptable here. Exercise self control in your posts or go away.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard