mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
V
Venoman Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
V
This is another instance where multinet hasn't completely been accounted for; there is no command to be used to close a status window; /close only accounts for query, dcc, etc. Right now the only option I have is to use com objects to simulate ctrl + f4, but that's beyond me (if someone knows how to do this as a temporary solution, please reply:
/altplusr { .comopen WSH WScript.Shell | .comclose WSH $com(WSH, SendKeys, 3, bstr, $chr(37) $+ R) }
^ that alias simulates pressing alt + r, but I need ctrl + f4).

So, I think /close could use another parameter, along with the existing -icfgms@, that would account for status windows. -s comes to mind, wonder why? smile

-Venoman

Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This should work: /window -c "Status window"

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
Just FWIW:
$chr(37) $+ R (or % $+ R) = %R = Alt + R ;Obviously you cant send "%R" from a script, mIRC would try to evaluate %r as a variable
^{F4} = Ctrl + F4
More info at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/wsMthSendKeys.asp

V
Venoman Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
V
And suddenly, I have not one but two solutions smile You guys are immensely helpful.

I didn't realize you could treat other windows as a custom window, and use the /window parameters to manipulate them. That'll be good to know in the future. That com alias, as well as the reference page, I'm sure I will find use for as well. Thank you both!

-Venoman

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
/close is also an IRC command, on some servers at least.

Link Copied to Clipboard