mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Riamus Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
I use "reverse dcc" to send files through my college firewall. For those that don't know what that is, it's using /dcc send IP:PORT instead of /dcc send NICK

My fastest ports are the pop3 and smtp ports (110 and 25). Unfortunately, if someone tries using those ports and don't type /dccserver +sc on 110 (or 25) first, or doesn't have the port open in their firewall or router, mirc will freeze for about 5-10 seconds. All other programs don't freeze... just mirc. And this only happens on those ports (as far as I know).

I thought maybe it was my virus scanner since it scans e-mail, but I turned it off and the same thing happens. Anyone know why it would freeze for only those e-mail ports?

I also notice that I don't get the replies from people I send stuff to on only those 2 ports which let the progress bar on the send go up (and the bytes sent). It stays at 0% and 0.0k until either it finishes or it times out. It resumes with the progress bar and bytes at the right spot, but doesn't change again. This might all be related. I don't care much about the progress being right, but the freezing is a real annoyance.

I'm in WinXP Pro SP1 with all updates. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Last edited by Riamus; 22/04/04 02:32 PM.
E
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
E
i would recommend you to use the default dcc port 1024-5000
and dont disturb pop3/smtp 110/25 and see if it makes any difference first.
you do have xp all updated do check if you have hte latest mirc version too if not get it from here

R
Riamus Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
As mentioned, I have to use "reverse dcc" or IP sending which requires me to specify a specific port and not a port range. Also, as mentioned, my fastest ports are those (4x faster or more usually). That is why I choose to use those ports.

Thank you for your attempt at solving my problem... just not what I need.

Link Copied to Clipboard