mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#79964 20/04/04 08:12 AM
P
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
P
Hey! First of all, thanks for adding this feature! I've been mulling over the idea of writing a script to do this for me for a while now but reading through my logfiles was inefficient because some are hundreds of megs long.

In addition to the earlier request to only load a configurable amount of lines rather than the current max buffer size (maybe that was the more efficient way?), I'd like to also request that the behaviour be altered slightly.

After having used this feature for the past few days, I find that I need a separator of some kind between previous text and current text in query windows. I keep having to check my time/date stamp to see where the old chat left off and the current chat comes in. It would be immensely helpful I think if mIRC would just locally echo a line of text in another color that says something like

*** Previous log ends/Begin current log

or something to that effect. so that i can see at a glance which text is current and which is from the log file.

Thanks guys/gals!

A
A
I'd prefer to be able to set the reloaded-text color to differentiate between the current text and reloaded text, as is done in trillian.

W
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
W
How about a combination of the two ideas?

(old log, colored per users choice)
[] [] [] [] [] (break line, but broken) [] [] [] [] []
To get an idea of what I mean, do something like this:
//echo -ag $str($+($chr(3),04,$chr(44),04 $chr(15),$chr(32)),50)

Something like that

Link Copied to Clipboard