mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
ADubb Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
A
um, when i do 'both' logging, when i join a channel, and then quit, it never shows what users are currently in the channel.
this will be extremely helpful when reviewing logs.

example:
im a ircop on a small network. the owner wanted to know who was all in the channel when i joined. i couldnt remember, so i checked my logs... and it didnt say.

could this be added in the next release?

O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
In the meantime,

raw 353:*: if $chan($3).logfile { write $+(",$ifmatch,") Nicklist: $4- }

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I think this is quite a good idea. A check box perhaps to log /names when you enter the channel.

I think it would be harder to log the nicklist throughout your stay in the channel though, but you could probably work it out through joins/parts.

I guess ATM you could /echo the names list and that should be included in the log file, I think.

My 2 cents.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You can also consult your Status.log provided you have "Nicks on join" checked under IRC > Options.

Perhaps the "Nicks on join" feature should have an event droplist... Status / Channel / Both.
However, this would open the door to nearly EVERY raw event that is presently restricted to a specific window.

PS. "Nicks on join" should be renamed to "Show Names". This would be proper, as it is the output of the [color:000099]/names[/color] command.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
Yeah, it probabky should have a place in "Events" options

A
ADubb Offline OP
OP Offline
A
so a moderator, or administrator, or even khaled, is this a possibility?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Although possible, might aswell let you know that Khaled very very rarely releases information about what will be in the next version of mIRC. The only other administrator is Krejt, and he might not even know what's coming up. If the moderators & Krejt were privy to that information, I should imagine it's not "public" knowledge.

All we can do on the Feature Suggestions board is view what other people think and give our own opinion - then wait until next version to see if it's in there smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
A
ADubb Offline OP
OP Offline
A
hmm... how often do regular updates happen with mirc? (excluding emergency updates)

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
it can take months to years. IIRC, one of the updates came like almost a year and a half after the previous version and some happened (in the past) like 6 months later

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
/names and log the status window.

PM

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Sometimes a version is just a "bugfix" version because a number of small and big bugs were found, although those versions do tend to include one or two new features.

Major updates (i.e. the transition from 6.03 > 6.1) often contain big new features, a change in GUI, bugfixes of course etc etc. It took 1 year to go from 6.03 to 6.1.

As you can imagine, as Khaled does not release information about what will be included in the next version it is hard to determine whether the next version will be a major one or a minor one. He also does not release information as to when the next release of mIRC is scheduled for or what it is called (for example, a lot of people expected 6.13 but the next version was 6.14). Therefore, there are never really "regular" updates as that would suggest some sort of general guide as to how long there is between releases. The answer is, Khaled releases a version when he feels it's necessary and ready for release. If he does have his own private target date for the next release then he doesn't make it public knowledge.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard