mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
U
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
U
Here at my dad's, the computer runs Windows 2000 (it's simply not fast enough for XP). You cannot log off on Windows 2000 without having your running applications closed. Sometimes when I need to walk away for 10 minutes, I get worried that someone will open mIRC and start talking or see what I've been talking about (or the *cough*words*cough* I've been using). Thus:

I'd like to be able to minimize mIRC to the tray and make it not accessible again unless I give the password.

If this is already possible, my apologies

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
First, goto ALT+O > Display > Options > Tray > and select [x] Place mIRC in Tray when minimized.

When you want to walk away from mIRC, hold down the CTRL Key while you are Minimizing. This will prompt you to feed it a New Password (and verify it). When you attempt to open mIRC again, you will be required to enter this password in order to access it. You only have to enter a New Password once per mIRC session, but have to press CTRL each time you Minimize.

Note, there is a small cosmetic bug that sometimes occures when CTRL + Minimizing for the first time. Sometimes the New Password dialog gets minimized along with mIRC and you have to open mIRC again to enter the New Password. Once you do this, CTRL + Minimize again will lock it for sure.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
A
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
A
Thank you so much for the reply. I was hoping that this was possible myself.

Link Copied to Clipboard