mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#79416 15/04/04 03:23 PM
F
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
F
okay i beleive my firewall (zonealarm) and antivirus (pccillin)are set right port forwarding is right. all things going good except for the ~ on my nick, and when im sending which i do quite a lot of between 100 to 150 files a day, the problem is this (im on xp home also firewall disabled). I connect to some people some i dont and i ve been experiening a problem with d/l. i will be d/l from same person connect on one file not connect on next file and connect on next file. do i need to static all pcs on my router with diff ip to get rid of the ~ . im also set up quite fast is there a problem with me possibly sending ctcp responses to fast for slow puters to pick up on thus resulting in connect no connect problem. confused

#79417 15/04/04 03:48 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
The ~ (tilde) should not be attached to your nickname, it should be on your IdentD (nick!~identd@hostname). This means that IdentD is not installed properly. You need to use port 113 and type /identd on.

Further suggestions for enabling IdentD can be found in this thread.

DCC sends being erratic is a little strange, if one person can connect to you, then they all should be able to - it could be conflicting port usage or even to do with the mIRC version. Try looking at the Can't DCC Send thread.

Out of interest, why are you sending 100-150 files everyday? Why are you downloading? smile - this post may interest you.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#79418 16/04/04 01:34 AM
F
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
F
~identd@hostname is how it looks sry for not metioning it right and i am using port 113 and also have it set up in firewall to allow its use. secondly i write wierd stories and send em back and forth from my fans wink

Link Copied to Clipboard