mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
J
Hi all,

I'm wondering if someone can complete the puzzle I've been trying to fix for some time...

I operate a chatroom which uses an IRC server, and for a while not many people used mIRC to access it as the site it is on uses it's own (crap) interface. With more and more people using mIRC to access it, more and more disruptions have occurred, to the point where it's causing complaints through official channels and a drop in usage.

I've downloaded a script (Protection Pro v3.05) which has been a godsend, and I can autojoin all the significant channels with "Auto Join System" by OverDrive (dunno if I'm allowed to use links to the sources so I won't) to keep an eye on the persisten troublemakers.

My issue is that I would like to be able to message the Bot on these channels automatically too, so as soon as I log on I can get op status. I'm wondering if it's possible to write a script that will auto-message the Bot on joining the channel so I can get my op status?

Since it's a commercial website I'll avoid posting the URL until someone says that's OK. Don't want to get booted for spamming!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Where would we be without the internet? At the beach, probably.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
on me:*:JOIN:#channel:msg Bot command

That will send Bot the command as soon as you join #channel. Just put it in Remotes (alt+r), you should put it in an empty file to make sure it doesn't interfere with other scripts. You can seperate channel names with commas, e.g.

on me:*:JOIN:#channel1,#channel2:msg Bot !op #

That would send the bot "!op #channel1" if you joined #channel1 and "!op #channel2" if you joined #channel2.

Last edited by Collective; 13/04/04 05:20 PM.
J
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
J
Ahhh that works a treat! Many thanks for that, Collective! smile

With a combination of your sound advice and a little bit of common sense I think I'll have our chatroom back to it's normal, friendly self in no time!

Where would we be without the internet? At the beach, probably.

Link Copied to Clipboard