mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#78172 06/04/04 02:19 PM
Matrixx Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
This is abit of a n00b question, sorry

id like to make a room menu for when im away in the channel, for instance by typeing !menu a list of commands would appear in a whisper window for instance

!forum, !reg nick, !homepage, !rules, !topic, !donate

then each command above, when typed would appear in the main chat window, like this for example
!forum
Here is the link to the forum http:www.theforum.co.uk

id like to make this as a text file so that I can add to it to update it from week to week, so what I need to know is how I would start to write this and also if it is a .txt file that I need to make, where to put this and how to make it work in the channel..

Thank you for any help that is given..
This would be much appreciated and it would be the start of a learning curve for me cool

Gary
#78173 06/04/04 02:34 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Using an ON TEXT event would help here, see /help on text to help you understand it. You put the code into your remotes where you can edit it any time, press ALT+R. Also see /help remote scripts in mIRC. For something like !menu, you might use:

on @*:text:!menu*:#channel:{ notice $nick Available commands: !forum, !reg nick, !homepage }

and then make text events for the others, example being:

on @*:text:!forum*:#channel:{ msg # The forum is available at http://www.someurl.co.uk }

For multiple-line notices you would separate the notice messages with a |, example being:

on @*:text:!rules*:#channel:{ notice $nick The rules for the channel are as follows | notice $nick 1) Don't swear | notice $nick 2) No flooding | notice $nick 3) Some other rule here }

The reason I use "@" in the code is so it only activates when you're a channel operator. Change "#channel" for the channel name. If you don't want to see the notices being sent, put a full stop before the word notice - so it says .notice $nick.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#78174 06/04/04 03:06 PM
M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
If you're considering delving into scripting you may want to get the mIRC FAQ and read Chapters 7 & 8. It will help with learning more about how to use the scripting language in mIRC. Good luck. cool

-
MIMP
#78175 06/04/04 09:25 PM
Matrixx Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Thanx to both of you for your help, ill have a go at this and let you know how I got on smile

Gary

Link Copied to Clipboard