mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Mystify Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
M
I have used mirc for many years, and to be honest, I have never really taken advantage of the most awsome ability to run advanced scripts.

to be honest, I really don't get it.

I have a number of cool "on text" and "on action" scripts setup, but that's basically it.

I usually idle in ALOT of channels at one time, and I moderation half of htem. Because of this, I setup a bunch of highlights to "page" me when one is said by flashing mirc in the task bar.

problem is, there are some channel that are ALWAYS triggering my highlights, so i was hoping to find a way to disable highlights in some channels, while having htem run in others.

I did a search here on the forums and I saw there was one post that explained how to do it... was posted by "metalstorm" a while back, but to be honest, I really don't understand how to implement that script/code.

can someone explain it in lamens terms and tell me how I could setup my highlights to be "by channel" instead of global?

thanks.

M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
Original post

Basically, what they were talking about is fooling the highlight list to look for certain variables instead of specific words. The variables themselves get set by you (one time) and resolved to actual words. The kicker is part of the variable is actually the channel's name, so if the channel doesn't match the variable won't exist and no highlighting gets done.

There are two steps to use this:
1) You need to go in perform and change your existing entries following the syntax below:
%Word1. [ $+ [ # ] ]
%Word2. [ $+ [ # ] ]
%Word3. [ $+ [ # ] ]

The red parts are the code, they should be like that for all the entries. Update the green Word1, Word2, Word3 for the single words you want to trigger highlighting. (There's a limitation on this structure that prevents you from using wildcards.)

2) On the command line in mIRC you need to type in:
/set %word1.#chan1 word1
/set %word2.#chan1 word2
/set %word2.#chan2 word2
/set %word3.#chan1 word3

This time the same holds true for red, it's code. The green are still the same select words from above. The blue this time is the actual channels you want it to happen in, (as in the second example you may need to do the same word in multiple channels.)

-
MIMP

Link Copied to Clipboard