mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Quote:
To add to that, I would question the size increase of mIRC if this was to be incorporated.

- You keep mentioning massive size increases, why? There is absolutely nothing to suggest that this would be the case, most likely the increase would be no greater than when any other feature has been added in the past. I too have no desire to see emoticon-supporting IRC clients, but that's no reason to keep perpetuating this myth.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Firstly, I do not see the word "massive" in my sentence. Secondly, I don't "keep" mentioning it, it must be something like twice now? Three? I got the idea from that other pointless thread about this issue, I think it was saxon that suggested it. It's a possibility I guess - mIRC has been increasing in size (by a small amount) every version. As it is only a possibility (in my non-techy mind) I said 'I question', not 'It will'.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Smileys or not, I've been keeping an eye on that too, I could also be making a switch because of the possibility of mIRC scripts being supported. What they cannot do though is guarantee that everything mIRC is capable of supporting would be able to run in Bersirc which is a shame but to be expected as Bersirc already supports other scripting languages directly.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I would be pissed of at them after the first minutes i had to see them, think of all users that using smile and other smiles, then if u look in a big channel where maybe 30 users talk at the same time, then it would be impossible to see what people typing cos of that figures *smileys* poping up every where grin grin grin grin grin grin

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
D
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
why add them to mIRC when there are already loads of add-ons out there for smiles and emotions heres one http://www.hawkee.com/view.php?file_id=480 they get really annyoing though people do ban you for doing it to much. people like me wink

if (Windows isin %txt.1) { /kick # $nick Windows is a badword tisk tisk tisk. }
T
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
T
bahhh. i favour the text enviroment, i dont like smilies. but if you do, they are not hard to do. insted of showing the default windows, have custom HTML windows, then add your replacements in mIRC via HTML......

BlackShadowPsychos --- In The Darkness We Wait
H
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
H
i think emotions like smiles would be awsome and there is an option to turn them off so if you like the text enviroment then you can have it laugh

Visit the DW Search Engine at: http://www.searchdw.com
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
well, I think if used PROPERLY and not be turned into the newest type of text flood it could be good for some people. Me personally I'm fine with the ASCII equivalent. If smiley flood protection (for the ones mirc interpreted on the user's end) was installed as well, it would be a more managable idea. Like if there was an option for:

1) Dont show more than ____ of the same smiley (enter a number in the field)
2) Dont show more than ____ smilies at a time

etc etc and then give us a place to enter in all the ASCII smilies we want (similar to the Ignore File extensions list for the DCC Recieve) to so the flood protection could catch it. yes, it could be a huge list, but this way WE become monitors of the smilies which would then make a few more people happIER about then being implemented.

My big thing with smilies is I dont not want my IRC program turned into an IM program (as I've mentioned before). if the above ideas were used in tanden and on the program level, I myself MIGHT be able to give my ok on this (even tho I rarely IRC anymore).

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
G
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
G
hehe

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard