mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
mok Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
Hi, I am not sure if this question has been asked before. I tried doing some searches around the forum, but I couldn't find anything that's similar to what I want to do.

I was wondering if anyone know how exactly you can write a script which will possibly allow users in certain channel to use certain text as a trigger, and the script will give that user a respond by noticing them? Let's say if someone in #testing typed out ".info" and the script will do a /notice him with infos about our staff and members. Can someone here please guide me through this. Thanks in advance!

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
on *:text:.info:#testing:/notice $nick him with infos about this or that

that should work for oyu

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
M
mok Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
hey landonsandor,

Thanks for the reply and your sample script. I have already tried it and it worked exactly like what I explained above. Thanks a lot for it. One more thing though, I have noticed that I am unable to put spaces to spread the text apart more. Is there a specific symbol that I should use within the script to space out the text more? eg. /notice $nick testing ----------- testing
If you notice that there's the dotted line in between it as i am just using it to show you what i meant by spacing text, and i wanted it to do that when it respond to the text, what symbol should I use to make it reconize it as spaces? Thanks in advance smile

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
well, you can try $chr(160) and using the $str() functions to repeat hard spaces HOWEVER, not all fonts recognize this and so you might get some people seeing the boxes of an unrecognized character

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it

Link Copied to Clipboard