mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#77649 03/04/04 07:35 AM
T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
I recently started using mIRC and in some channels there is so much stuff scrolling by on screen that it is hard to follow a conversation or look for keywords. What I'd like to do is filter based on incoming/typed text - is this possible?

For instance, if I'm looking for certain text, say "dns" and/or "tutorial," can I create a filter on the fly that will only display lines that have this text?

#77650 03/04/04 12:10 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
You could use CTRL+F to search the screen for a word. You can right click a channel tab and click on Events... and choose to filter various server messages out (i.e. joins/parts etc).

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#77651 03/04/04 12:43 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
add this in aliases
Code:
/keywd  {
  var %keywd = $?="key word?",%win = $+(@,%keywd),%input = $chan
  window -ex %win
  filter -pww %input %win $+(*,%keywd,*)
}

type /keywd in the channel and fill in the box grin

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
#77652 03/04/04 12:51 PM
T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
Thanks Mental - hope you don't mind me shortening your handle - lol.

Is this a feature you feel should be implemented in a future release? If so, how would one go about suggesting such a request to Khaled? E-mail?

Do you know of any irc client that does this - no matter the platform?

[edit - 10:54pm AEST]
Just saw ctlraltdel's suggestion after posting this. I'll implement that and see how that goes. Also, where does one go to learn the type of script you typed above?
[/edit]

[edit - 11pm AEST]
Okay, I tried the above but nothing happened - text still keeps scrolling despite not having my keyword in it! What gives?
[/edit]

Last edited by thekillerbean; 03/04/04 01:00 PM.
#77653 03/04/04 01:04 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
No problem!

If you have a suggestion for a new feature, first use the Search feature to make sure it's not been suggested before, and if not, then post in the Feature Suggestions forum. Khaled reads these posts all the time.

Happy chattin' smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#77654 03/04/04 08:22 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
what I gave you filters what's in the channel to it's own window when you tell it to .. if it's something to cut out all the rest of the things in the channel, there's a script HERE that can be customized to do that (it cuts out what you tell it to)
as far as learning, I use the help files, and ask here if there's something I don't understand

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink

Link Copied to Clipboard