Use one of the programs found in this post
- I recommend AVG, The Cleaner and SwatIT for viruses/trojans.
Ports can be closed or "stealthed" (hidden) with Firewalls. A number of popular free firewalls are:Zone AlarmSygateTiny Personal Firewall
Remember that Windows XP (Home & Pro) comes with a free firewall - read these instructions
Or you may wish to pay for a firewall - they have extra features and special options for added security - make sure you consider whether it's worth it or not before paying. Two of the most popular are Norton Personal Firewall
(has a free trial) and McAfee Personal Firewall
- NEVER accept files from people on IRC. Only accept files from trusted friends, 'trusted' meaning you've known them for months if not years, not because they've been nice to you for a few hours.
- NEVER go to URLs (website addresses) which are advertised to you on IRC. This includes "Free" pornography, free pictures of Britney Spears in the nude, pictures of people etc.
- NEVER type suspicious things that people tell you to type, especially if they contain //write $decode or any other long form of what appears to be a jumble of letters and numbers.
- ALWAYS have an antivirus (2+ preferably) installed on your computer. If they have auto-protect features then have it enabled.
- ALWAYS have the latest updates from www.windowsupdate.com
- ALWAYS have the latest version of your software. mIRC is an important one to have updated to avoid any exploits that may be found. You can always get the most up to date version at www.mirc.com/get.html
Just an FYI, this isn't really a Scripting issue, mIRC scripting has nothing (or very little) to do with closing your ports, detecting or cleaning you of trojans.