Print Thread
#77188 29/03/04 09:50 PM
N
Nodren Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
I like the many additions to the find feature, such as searching more then one file, and allowing you to highlight what you want to search and it pastes it in there automatically

im suggesting this to change one of the new find features that i find rather annoying, when there is nothing highlighted, it takes the words around where the cursor is, i'd rather it just show the last used thing in history.

just my suggestions on the new find feature

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Agreed. This causes a particular problem when you search to the end of a file (or list of files) and the cursor goes to the start of the file, this means searching again will search for the word at the start of the file even though you haven't manually moved the cursor at all - something which has caught me out several times now.

Also I'd like to tag on a couple of other Script Editor related suggestions:
- The ability to load multiple files at once from the Load File dialog.
- Keeping the Find dialog open when searching and allowing focus to go to the main Script Editor window while the dialog is open.
- Tooltip (or label) for the 'clear search history' button.
- Ability to search/replace backwards.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
The ability to load multiple files at once from the Load File dialog - agreed

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
F3 works in the Editor, so there only is a problem when you reopen the dialog with Ctrl+F after the first item found. Normally, opening the dialog again for multiple searches shouldn't be necessary, but there are a few cases where it is handier indeed, at least for me. I think the simplest solution would be a new option (in Options menu perhaps) that would turn on/off the newly added feature.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Quote:
- Ability to search/replace backwards

Agreed! Something like notepad's search up or down would be very handy.

PM

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Quote:

- Keeping the Find dialog open when searching and allowing focus to go to the main Script Editor window while the dialog is open.
- Tooltip (or label) for the 'clear search history' button.
- Ability to search/replace backwards.

All very good IMO, and I think many would benefit from those added features, including myself on occasions. I think my favourite out of the list is the ability to search/replace backwards however.

My 2 cents.

Regards,

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
agreed, and the first point made about placing near text in the find/replace box, this is my main gripe with the new setup. As for the search up , i tend to just click at the top of the script before doing a find, hence the pain in the ascii of the find editbox already being filled in. Excellent suggestion IMO

billythekid

Link Copied to Clipboard