mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Z
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
Z
What i have noticed lately is that since i updated to 6.14 my download speed from dcc's isn't higher then 52kb/s

I wonder why and how that is happening? in 6.13 i atleast could get a way faster download speed...

Probably some adjustedments that decreased the dcc download speed or is SSL neccesarey to use the full speed?

confused

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Any number of factors could be causing the lowered speeds, such as latency, service provider capping, ninja turtles, filters on your system or network, yadda yadda. I have no problems sending a file to myself well above that speed with 6.14.

Oh and btw.............. (waits)

C
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
C
if as you say you are sure that you used mirc version 6.13 I would say you had a problem as there wasnt a version 6.13 check for virii my friend or check the version you used.

Z
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
Z
crap... meant 6.12 laugh
damn those numeric keypads

Anyway... some also told me it might be my connection through mirc itsself

possible or not?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
DCC speeds depend on the person you're downloading from. As far as I know, the slowest speed takes precedence. You could try. There is no way to speed DCC receives. Try asking the other person to type:

/pdcc on
/fsend on
/dcc packetsize 8192

Sometimes they do slightly increase DCC speed, but not always.

If you're downloading legitimate files I see very few reasons as to why you would need a speed greater than 52kbps. Remember that IRC is not for mass/illegal file sharing.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard