Ameglian cow
C
Code:
/.pop 5 <chan> <nick>  

Gives me:
* You are not an op on <chan>.

Entered in editbox and even in a script. smirk
Using mIRC 6.14

Last edited by ChosenOne; 28/03/04 12:14 PM.
#76998 28/03/04 02:34 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Cannot confirm this. This does not work for me. If I use it in the channel #Arnie I get:

<chan> No such nick/channel
<chan> #Arnie They aren't on that channel

If I type it and change <nick> for a nickname I get the same thing (keeping channel as <chan>).

If used in a script (I used an on text event) exactly as you typed it, it just echos: * /pop: insufficient parameters.

If I deop myself in #Arnie and then use the exact command you type (using <chan> <nick>) I get: * You are not an op on #Arnie - Which is correct.

If I replace both parameters in a channel where I am opped (you didn't make it clear whether or not we should replace <chan> with the channel name or whether bug lay within specifying <chan>) it will op the specified <nick>. If I deop myself and replace both params, as you may have guessed, I get the "You are not an op" error message.

I tested this on 6.14, XP Pro on DALnet.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#76999 28/03/04 05:00 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Quote:
If I deop myself and replace both params, as you may have guessed, I get the "You are not an op" error message.

- That's the bug he's pointing out. Since the . has been specified to make the command silent there shouldn't be any warning messages. It's kind of half-bug half-feature suggestion since it's arguable that it's not really command output but an error message. Still, it does make sense that it shouldn't display in that instance.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
#77000 28/03/04 05:38 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Oh, duh. * Mentality fetches emergency coffee

Personally I'd prefer it to still echo that message in that instance. However, I guess technically it shouldn't....6 of one half a dozen of the other.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard