Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#76969 28/03/04 03:42 AM
M
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
M
My mIRC timestamps didnt change when my windows clock changed automaticly because of daylight savings time.
running mIRC version 6.14 on windows 2000 with SP4.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Someone reported in this in an #mIRC channel - mIRC resolved when they double clicked their Windows clock, try that.

I use XP Pro and had to set my Windows clock forward too (manually) - mIRC resolved perfectly.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
N
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
N
I (and another person I know) have the same problem on XP Pro SP1. Windows clock went forward an hour at the right time, but mirc didn't.

Both of us had 6.12, but i saw that 6.14 had a supposed fix, so installed it, but the time in mirc is still wrong.

Another person using 6.03 got the updated time.

Z
zfr Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
Z
No problem here. mIRC timestamp changed correctly according to daylight savings.

mIRC 6.14, Win 98.

R
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
R
I had the same problem. I used mIRC 6.12 or something, and my windows automatically updated my time to summertime today when I woke up and turned on my computer.
Well. mIRC starts automatically when I start windows, and I didn't bother looking at the clock, all I saw was the timestamp in mIRC - only when I visited some forums and one mentioned summertime I looked around and saw how my windows clock was 9 AM something, and my alarm clock was 8 AM something. When I looked at mIRC again, I saw the timestamp was 8 AM something so I was kinda freaked out wink
I tried to set the time in windows both forward and backwards, but little did it help. I tried closing mIRC and starting it again, but that didn't help either. I remembered recieving a network wide message thingy from Quakenet, that a new exploit was out, and that the current version 6.14 was vulnerable. So I thought to myself "hey, I DON'T have the newest version, having that might help me out here" - and as I updated (installing and choosing to keep my settings), the problem seemed to be fixed.
So I think a fix to this problem would be to install mIRC again on your current version. Just remember to keep your old settings, if you desire that..

no matter how you try to cover the sky with your hands - is the sky truly smaller than your grasp?
D
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
D
Just disabling the setting "Automatically change when dayligt saving" (under timezone) solved it for me

Darko at irc.quakenet.org
- QuakeNet support staff
M
m_m Offline
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
M
Yeah, doing it manualy solved it here as well. I don't like having to set a wrong time in my computer just to help mIRC understand what the actual time is. Sure, my trays displays the correct time now, but it thinks that GMT is actually one hour earlier than it is.
Oh well, it'll probably resolved in the next release so i shouldn't bitch about it.

Z
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Z
Oh well I couldn't solve the problem yet. I disabled automatic time changes, set the time manually, installed v6.14 a few times, and rebooted several times. No solution in sight. Still one hour behind (GMT) the correct system time (GMT+1). Is there any option for timezones in mIRC which I didn't find? This works in v6.03.

z0ny

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
the time doesnt change here in the US for another week, so i dont know if i'll have the same prob. v6.14 did make a correction for a daylight savings prob some parts of the world had with v6.12.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Well, you could always shoot your PC clock ahead to when it does and see what happens, however, I have NEVER had this bug happen on any mirc I've ever used. *thinking out loud is all*

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
R
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
R
This happens to me aswell. It's really a wierd bug since mIRC probably gets the time from some standard time-function in windows.

Could it be something stupid like that it uses US DST?

D
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
D
100% bug in Mirc.
Mirc is written in C (compiled with Microsoft Visual C++).
There's a structure representing time in C: tm
and a member of this structure: tm_isdst. From MS docs:

Code:
 tm_isdst:
      Positive if daylight saving time is in effect;
      0 if daylight saving time is not in effect;
      negative if status of daylight saving time is unknown.

The C run-time library assumes the United States' rules
for implementing the calculation of Daylight Saving Time (DST).  

It seems the problem occurs only in non US windows users. But anyway thi is the mirc-bug.

Pikka bird
Pikka bird
Changed perfectly under XP Pro SP1 (6.14).. yet it didnt change in 2003 Server.. and wont no matter what I try

Z
Z
Today I went back home and installed it on my desktop (Windows XP SP1) and it works here. Though still same issues on the notebook...

z0ny

M
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
M
I am using WinXP Pro + SP1 + all updates on an XP2800+ here, german version, and I got the error too. My timezone is GMT and after the time change this weekend the time shown in mIRC is one hour less than it should. I already rebooted the computer several time, also tried playing with the time settings, even setting the time manually. No change.
Definately a bug frown

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Quote:

It seems the problem occurs only in non US windows users. But anyway thi is the mirc-bug.

This cannot be the case for *all* versions of Windows however - I am not a resident of the US and since I've been using mIRC I've gone through 3 computers - one with Windows 98, one with Windows XP Home and now Windows XP Pro and not once have I come across this error, even when, apparently, there was a GMT offset bug. Not saying you're wrong (I mean clearly there is an issue somewhere), just clearing up that it won't affect everyone.

I'm finding that the majority of people experiencing this issue (from what I've seen in numerous #mIRC channels) are using version 6.12. Just a note, remember that the LATEST version is version 6.14 and should ONLY be obtained from www.mirc.com/get.html smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
D
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
D
Checked this issue on both 6.12 & newest 6.14.

!!! UPDATE: Everything is fixed in 6.14 !!!

I think this bug will "disappear" next week, when US will shift their time.
(as stated by Microsoft docs on C tm structure: The C run-time library assumes the United States' rules for implementing the calculation of Daylight Saving Time (DST).

If i'm not mistaken there was a moment in Mirc's history, when author moved from Borland C++ compiler to MS C++ compiler. May be this bug (Mirc-bug!) is a consequence of C Runtime library differences ?

P.S. Bug is detected only on systems with "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" feature enabled. So the problem actually is that Mirc always thinks that it is running on US machine.

Last edited by devotee; 30/03/04 11:24 AM.
D
D
yeah, i got same problem, been restarting, tried putting timestamps on and off, nothing helped frown, finally though i come ask here, but seems lotsa people got same..well lets hope it fixes itself next week as some of you think.
cause it's confusing this way crazy
happy chatting everyone smirk

W
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
W
Wuhuu.. worked smile

// Webmok
www.webmok.dk
S
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
S
I live in the UK and I have the same problem. I'm using mIRC 6.12 and Windows 2k SP4.

Do I just have to wait till next week when the time changes in the US?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard