Print Thread
#76863 27/03/04 02:26 PM
L
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
L
hello,

since i have version 6.14 mirc beeps 2 times when I write something on a channel, thast's very nerving. what should I do?

#76864 27/03/04 02:48 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
If it beeps when *you* type something it must be some sort of script. Type /remote off and then type something in the channel.

If it's beeping when there are other channel messages then you can disable this with ALT+O > Sounds and uncheck the box saying 'Channel message' under Beep on:. In the same place you could just disable sounds altogether by checking the box at the top saying 'Enable sounds'.

Again in the same options dialog you can change the number of beeps under Event beep: next to 'Beeps:'.

Hope this helps smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#76865 27/03/04 02:57 PM
L
OP Offline
L
It's principal since i have version 6.14, before it doesn't beeps. It's when I type something, slap or ping someone or do other similar things. When I type /remote off it doesn't change anything, same when I uncheck the Box 'Enable sounds'. I can do what I want, it beeps.

#76866 27/03/04 03:13 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Hmm, well I don't know of any mIRC option (without scripting) that would make you beep when you send a message to a channel. If Sounds are disabled that's even stranger.

I suggest you download and install a clean copy of mIRC from www.mirc.com/get.html - make sure you save it to a different directory from your current mIRC. Make sure you choose not to keep any old settings when it asks you. After this you should then have mIRC in a completely empty folder with no script files.
Start it up and see if it still beeps. If it does NOT then you simply must have some sort of script which is causing it to beep. By default it will beep when you connect, ignore that - I mean when you type something into a channel.

Again make sure remotes are OFF, you should see * Remote is off echo'd into your window.

G'luck.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#76867 27/03/04 03:22 PM
L
OP Offline
L
in the clean version all is ok, thx.

#76868 27/03/04 03:36 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Yep, that would indicate a script setting then. You can either choose to use the clean mIRC from now on or you can go through all your script files in the other mIRC (if there aren't too many) and look for something the code which is causing it.

You can look at your script files in mIRC by pressing ALT+R - to change the script file go to View > script file - where 'script file' is the next script file you wish to look at. If you click on the 'Find Text' button you can search for words in that file - I suggest you look for "Input" in each file and or the word "Beep".

Best of luck!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard