mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
paniq Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
P
something that i am waiting for since a long time: mirc should be able to restore the buffer contents of my channel windows and queries, when i reopen the windows or when i restart mirc.

background: i am a coder. i am on irc 24/7, my machine is always on. sometimes my machine resets when i am e.g. fiddling with ati's catalyst drivers or something else unexpected happens (e.g. sometimes, remote logins cause the machine to crash). it can also happen that i ask a friend on irc something, then close the window because he's currently not replying. later when he answers i dont know the context to the question anymore. often i have to reconstruct what happened last by reading the logfiles. this gets annoying more and more because i know it doesnt have to be like this. this would be a very nifty complement to mircs "young" keep-windows-open-on-disconnect/kick feature.

of course it should be an option, not enabled by default. i can imagine some paranoid people might have privacy problems with that feature.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
From versions.txt
03/03/2004 - mIRC v6.14

Changes:

42.Added reload logs feature to logs dialog, works with channel and
chat windows. Loads up to the maximum window buffer value
specified in the options/other dialog.

Is that what you want? The option is in mIRC Options -> IRC -> Logging

Link Copied to Clipboard