Print Thread
#76501 24/03/04 07:30 PM
A
abcdef Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
As some will have noticed the versions of mIRC (successive to the 6,1) are not more modifiable with most diffuse and use programs you of EXE Editing (refer eXeScope and to Resource Hacker, with the more recent versions of the two programs in issue) in how much once modified one whichever resource, that it is icona of mIRC the EXE or also a single letter of a TLabel in dialog or a voice of a menu, the EXE is not eseguibile, in how much the mIRC same do not set off.
On the situated one I have but noticed the translation in Italian of mIRC the 6,12 and then they are asked to me: since I have the necessity to use for my script version 6,14 of mIRC (in how much have been made of the additions that of which I need absolutely) and I would want to modify of a Pò the eseguibile as I had made for mIRC the 6,1 that I had previously intention to use, it would appeal to to know which programs exactly allow to me to modify the eseguibile of the mIRC without to compromise of the possibility to be started, and, if possible, I would want to know also where to reperire (in which situated web) such programs...

Why do you the frown translation does'nt permisson ?

#76502 24/03/04 07:44 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I'm not too sure about others, but I cannot understand what you're saying at all.

To me it looks like you've used an online free translator to translate your Italian to English. This is not a good idea as it doesn't account for grammar or wording position, and some words are spelt the same but mean different things and so therefore, it comes out as a jumble of words that have a very vague theme.

I suggest that if you know a little English you explain your problem with what you know. Even if it's broken English we might be able to understand your problem better smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#76503 24/03/04 08:01 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Long story short: He has a script he distributes with a res-hacked exe so that the text is converted to Italian. But now his script uses features only available in newer versions of mIRC which have an intergral check, and he wants to know where to get a program that can edit the exe wihout having the integral check prevent mIRC from running.

I'm not gonna get involved in the actual discussion, just explaining what (I think) he's trying to say.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
#76504 24/03/04 08:17 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Ty starbucks smile

abcdef: If the above is true, no, we do not help with getting around mIRC's checking features to the best of my knowledge. You are not allowed to hack the exe and the exe must start with the word 'mIRC'.

There have been numerous discussions but I doubt Khaled would have added the checks if they were simply meant to be evaded.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#76505 25/03/04 02:16 PM
A
abcdef Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
What I'm trying to say is this : Why have you not allowed any changes to be made on this exe ?

#76506 25/03/04 03:17 PM
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Because it goes against the license agreement. I'm sure if Khaled wanted mIRC to be modified at the .exe level, he'd have open sourced it...

#76507 25/03/04 06:02 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Added note:

You can view the License Agreement by typing /help license agreement in mIRC. Note this part:

"The mIRC distribution install file may not be distributed as a part of any package, and may not have files added to it or removed from it, and none of its contents may be modified, decompiled, or reverse engineered."

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard