Print Thread
#76384 24/03/04 06:15 PM
E
exabtye Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
E
mIRC is a great tool, I use it almost 24/7 and I have numerous scripts installed and the functionality is great. But I must say, the UI is not.

Can you improve it? Add propper skinning abilities?

#76385 24/03/04 06:23 PM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
this seems to be a more common request and I must say, I like the interface and while Im not bashing the idea, I like it the way it is (tho I suppose a classic mirc option could be incorperated into new themes etc)

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
#76386 24/03/04 07:32 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I think it's fine the way it is TBH. I mean you can edit so much as it is, the default is the way Khaled likes it (I presume) and so, by default, surely his view should take precedence?

You can change the buttons and pretty much the whole look, there's not a huge amount you can't change..it's impossible to cater for everyone unfortunately, and *IMO* it's fine the way it is.

Just on the theme of...themes (heh) there are some colour themes in the colour dialog (ALT+K) with some default themes and the ability to add new ones smile

With a stretch of my mind I can see why people (constantly) want to change everything about mIRC and perhaps you should be able to do so...we'll see I guess!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#76387 25/03/04 07:07 AM
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
if there were set skinning capabilities, it would take away from creative people who script their own.

#76388 25/03/04 10:32 AM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
I would like it to be more modern in terms of allowing us to customize the toolbar. You know, Allow us to remove some of those icons that we never ever use :-)

There's a reason why windows toolbar controls have a customize property.

And that is about it for me, I don't really want any other improvements than a normal toolbar like IE and OE has got. I know mIRC uses the standard toolbar control it's just super-classed or bastardised somehow, I dont know.

I'm not saying i want support for Icon text or large icons. Just the Add/Remove of buttons. The default toolbar would look no different than it does now, If khaled enabled this.

Ofcourse the connect and options buttons and maybe a few others could be made unremovable. That is Fine.

---Edit

If this issue is people removing the About button, There could be another answer to that. Add a little mIRC symbol thing to the far right of the toolbar, like IE has, and Pirch had. When clicked it would bring up the About dialog. Though I think with the about dialog now being forced up on start for unregistered users it isn't such an issue.

#76389 25/03/04 03:49 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
More flexibility in the toolbar would be very useful. Although given the amount of whining from some toolbar customizers and generally fussy people when a couple of icons were changed, I can only imagine what they'd do if this was added.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.

Link Copied to Clipboard