mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
root66 Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
alt+b -> control ... you can add op/voice/protect/ignore but not halfop, which has become increasingly popular.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
While I dont use it (dalnet doesnt offer it) I support this suggestion yet again smile I'd use this feature in my script even tho (or is it especially that) dalnet doesn't use it

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
i give my voice for halfop and uop (userop)

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
what's a userop?

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
it is supported on networks that use
Conference room

when you are Op-ed in channel :

/mode #channel +u somenickname

a nickname gets "-" sign infront name (same as op has @)

and thats it
uop mode only has advantage to speak in channel when +m mode is on...

but it is still a usermode =)

Last edited by bunar; 24/03/04 09:48 PM.
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Ah, yes it is a usermode, but I think we'd have a better chance of sticking to a FEW options rather than a ton of them. Halfops seem to be "the current rage" and so should get a spot on the list and I think there's one or two others people have mentioned are on MANY networks and thus are becoming more and more common which in turn should be considered before other lists whose mode is not widely used/known

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
> I think we'd have a better chance of sticking to a FEW options rather than a ton of them.

you have only op, hop, vop, and uop

+ if making ignore for all this why not just add uop... not too hard job to be done......

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
because uop is not a more common setting? IS it? I dont know, but from all the modes Ive heard this is NOT one of the more common ones

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
nor is hop, all networks support voice and op as main AND the MOST common modes, same as i recommend for uop, same you recommend for hop =)

(in short terms...same sh*t different pacage)

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
I'll just say this - I agree there should be more user lists like the aop lists and Ill let khaled make up his mind and take his sweet time getting around to it smile smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
No mode prefix is a usermode, they are all channel modes which apply to users.

By the way, as UOP is already supported, why are we arguing about whether it should be supported before HOP for? By my way of thinking (and I might be wrong because I haven't tried) isn't ALL mode prefixes already supported in the Address Book - Nick Tab functionality?

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
We're talking about the control tab and those default defined lists such as the auotop, protect, autovoice,and ignore lists. We'd like more of those lists smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Fair enough - it is strange that support for some modes would be provided in some functions and not others - then again, mIRC is a constantly evolving programme ay. grin

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
I agree and hopefully soon more things will become more uniform (as they have in the past)

S
Babel fish
Babel fish
S
Hers the thing...op and voice are the only channel modes (user) that are in the rfc, so all ircds HAVETO support them (whether they are @ and + is for the 005 numeric to determin...but thats for a diffrent discussion). hop, uop, admin, owner and scores others have been implemented in unreal, ultimate, etc (the socalled "RFC busters"). If you are going to support one, you might aswell support them all.

one way would be to make the entire thing dynamic. remove auto op/voice, and replace it with an auto mode setting, where you pick what mode to give a user on join (any in the 005 would be supported then)

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Personally I wouldnt mind seeing more lists like this and even if my network didnt support them, my script would certainly make use of them. Hell, it would only make my life easier if he added in another 10 lists (not gonna hold my breath but you understand my point Im sure).

Link Copied to Clipboard