mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Swoop Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
ok first off i have tried doing several searches on this problem here i have listed in the topic and only returned 4 results at max with any mention of localhost and none of which directly addressed my problem.

now that i got that out of the way here are my questions:

why do i get this message?
how do i fix this?

my config is:
i am behind a router as you can see from the ip address it's returning in the status window. That is exactly how it shows up. Also i am using invision which i know is an addon script for mirc so my problem might even be related to that instead but this has worked for me in the past so i'm at a loss here.

a small c&p from my status window:
note the "red highlighted parts...
Quote:

> swoop sets mode: +ix «+ix»
[1:31pm] *NickServ* This nickname is registered and protected. If it is your
[1:31pm] *NickServ* nick, type /msg NickServ IDENTIFY password. Otherwise,
[1:31pm] *NickServ* please choose a different nick.
> swoop sets mode: +r «+ixr»
[1:31pm] *NickServ* Password accepted - you are now recognized.
————————————————————
[1:31pm] -MatrixIRC.net- *** Network-Global -- from MatrixIRC.net: swoop (swoop@192.168.1.1) [swoop] is now a Network Administrator (T)
————————————————————
> swoop sets mode: +ghnoswCW «+ixrghnoswCW»
> You are now an IRC Operator on: MatrixIRC.net
————————————————————
[1:31pm] -MatrixIRC.net- *** Notice -- opermotd was last changed at 8/3/2004 6:16
————————————————————
[1:31pm] -MatrixIRC.net- *** Notice -- Network has Auto Join enabled for Channel(s): #Admin
————————————————————
> swoop sets mode: +a «+ixrghnoswCWa»
> swoop sets mode: +P «+ixrghnoswCWaP»
> swoop sets mode: +Z «+ixrghnoswCWaPZ»
————————————————————
[1:31pm] Local host: unknown (192.168.1.1)
————————————————————
* No one in your notify list is on IRC
————————————————————
[1:32pm] Your nick is now Swoop
————————————————————
[1:31pm] Local host: unknown (192.168.1.1)
————————————————————

Now as you can see my host mask is showing the lan ip address of the gateway of the router, but i do have the appropriate ports opened for dcc'ing and identd and i also have my email address set exactly the same as the one i used to register with nickserv, so i'm at a loss as to why this does this. It has worked correctly in the past but for some strange reason it has stopped. Now if i change my settings in the Local info options and uncheck the "local host" box it then swaps to the real localhost address of my static assigned ip address of that computer but i still get the same message.

So to make a long story short,
has anyone ever gotten this and fixed it?
How did you do it?

Thanks in advance wink

If this is not an mirc problem then sorry for posting this here. I just wasn't sure where to put it. Gotta start somewheres though smile

I think it is though. smile

Laterz,

Swoop
F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Hi!

This is not an error message, nothing to worry about.
Your "public" IP is only needed to DCC Chat or Send and that's what /localinfo tries to get.
If you're behind a LAN or router, you'll have to change yourself you localinfo in mIRC options > Connect > Local Info.

S
Swoop Offline OP
OP Offline
S
hi fxmakers,
yep i'm aware it's not an error but thx for mentioning that bud smile

i'm sure some folks would probably mistake it for that though.
As for changing the values there on that area? The problem with that is the program tries to get the localinfo automatically upon connecting and tries to fill in thise fields on it's own.
I've tried changing it but it always reverts back because theres no setting there to tell it not too, only if i disable it by unchecking those boxes but then again it always seems to come back on it's own.
I may have to look into the scripting and see where the reference to that is and comment that out if it becomes to irritating to me hehe. That is if someone doesn't know any other way to stop this from happening.

Anyone else got any ideas before i go hacking into the script files? wink

Laterz,

Swoop
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
try switching between server method and normal method

/help /localinfo

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
S
Swoop Offline OP
OP Offline
S
well CtlAltDel,
been there done that several times
it is wierd to say the least. Now after i connect and it gives that message i can type in /localinfo and it returns the correct info, it seems to just be on the connect that it doesn't see it right. I tested my dcc and it seems to work ok when rec or send so who knows. It's a mystery to me man! laugh
One other thing too is when it tries to ident it fails that but when i type in /identd it returns the right ident....
It's not a big deal really but i just hate things that don't work like they are supposed to. If i remember right i really didn't start having this problem until after version 6.02 if i'm not mistaken. Could just be a fluke...dunno
heh

Laterz,

Swoop
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Quote:
One other thing too is when it tries to ident it fails

The most likely reason is you have something blocking port 113. Even if you have forwarded 113 in your router, perhaps you have a firewall on the computer separate from the router? Try the suggestions in this thread.

G'luck!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
S
Swoop Offline OP
OP Offline
S
sup chris...or should i say Mentality heh smile

anyways...i usually don't run the firewall in winxp since the router already has one built in but just to clarify i have tried this already. opening the ports in the xp firewall and just leaving out the firewall alltogether.
The one thing that did intrigue me is in that link in the post about ircd newer versions being suspect of interfering with dcc ports. I am running a beta a30 version of Ultimate so this very well might be the problem. But getting those guys to believe it is yet another task i'm not too sure i'm ready to present to them. lol. I'll have to come up with a server debug log i suppose before i do that. Which isn't really totally out of the question. I'm just trying to get a hold on what the problem is, is all.
After reading those threads though i may have to head over to those other forums and start picking the guru's brains over there too heh. smile

I appreciate your reply though bud smile
I feel like i'm fishing for a minnow in a large lake trying to figure this one out hehe wink

Laterz,

Last edited by Swoop; 24/03/04 07:38 AM.

Swoop
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Surely an easier way to see if it's the IRCd is to connect to a server with a different IRCd than Ultimate? Try any DALnet server, they use Bahamut.

And of course, you're welcome smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
J
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
J
Hey smile

That server that you are connecting to...is it your own? I have a friend who runs a server on a network I use, and when connecting through his own server the IP shows up as a local IP. I don't know if its the same thing or not.

Link Copied to Clipboard