Print Thread
#76211 23/03/04 12:10 PM
T
treizeh Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
T
hei i was banned by an anonymous person in our chatroom and i have to change it to get in. pls help me..how can i change my ip address??? confused confused confused

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
you won't get help with ban evasion here.

New username: hixxy
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
If an op (@) does not want you in the channel then that is up to them. Any op can ban you for ANY reason (including NO reason) - if you are not wanted in the channel then you need to stay out of it!

Evading bans, on most networks, is against rules due to the annoyance it causes users and the unfairness of it. A lot of networks will in fact 'AKill' (Auto Kill) or 'G-line' you (Global network ban) for doing it. If you evade those network bans it can end up with your ISP being contacted.

I'm sure however, that there are many other channels to choose from. Type /list *Chat* and that will show you all channels with the word 'Chat' in it, or simply type /list on its own to get a full list of channels - on some of the bigger networks this can take a long time to load because there are thousands.

You may also like to read http://www.mirc.co.uk/help/conflicts.html for further information.

Happy chattin' smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard