mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#75923 20/03/04 02:14 PM
M
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
k, where to start. Firstly I'm exstremely frustrated that this has not been noticed and fixed. I've been through days of scripting and halted cause of this lack of funtionality within the on dialog events.

Firstly someone please answer me this:
Why would you make the ability to have a multi-lined editbox and not give the option to grab the line your curser is currently on?

Not unlike selection (.sel) for listbox's but why not a .cur for editboxes etc so i could grab the line or space like it appears in the 'mirc editor'? (1:22/140)

also, that 'on event scroll' is crap.
purhaps the movement/placement of a curser (not mouse, i'm talking about the | that appears when you type) could trigger either the on keydown or on dialog scroll events...

Please please please fix this!! ASAP?

#75924 20/03/04 03:08 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
$did(dname,id,1).sel gives the line the cursor is on.

#75925 20/03/04 06:14 PM
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
To retrieve the selected text in a multi-line editbox, you use: $did(dname,ID,1).seltext
To retrieve the current cursor line, you use: $did(dname,ID,1).sel
To retrieve the position of the starting selected character, you use: $did(dname,ID,1).selstart
To retrieve the position of the ending selected character, you use: $did(dname,ID,1).selend
To set it back, you use the form: did -c dname ID [N [StartPos [EndPos]]]
did -c dname ID $did(dname,ID,1).sel $did(dname,ID,1).selstart $did(dname,ID,1).selend

The on *:DIALOG:dname:scroll:ID: event is used in conjunction with vertical or horizontal scroll controls, like you might see used in MP3 players for volume or song position controls. It has nothing to do with the keyboard and nothing to do with the mouse inside an editbox control.

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
#75926 20/03/04 10:51 PM
M
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
excuse my late reply ... sleeping smile

well, I'm surprised, thankyou very much! smile
I guess I won't forget this for a long time.

thankyou thankyou thankyou.

Link Copied to Clipboard