#7571 20/01/03 07:53 PM
T
TnkRcn Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
T
Hi All!

I have a problem with DCC Get. I used the search function for this forum and read everything that there was to read. I followed the links given for several FAQ's regarding mIRC and firewalls as well as proxies and DCC in general. I tried it all but finally I have to say: I have no clue! confused
I have a Win98 system and run mIRC 6.03. I can DCC Chat (and probably send) but I cant DCC get. DCC get works when I dont use my LAN (which is firewalled) but use a dial up provider. I played around with the firewall settings (SOCKS 5 is available with my LAN) and the DCC settings but it will not work. mad So if there is one person out there that still runs win98 and mIRC 6.03 behind a firewall for whom DCC FULLY functions, plz let me know.

TnkRcn, who gives up now and remembers the good old times without firewalls and all that sh*t wink

F
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
F
do you allow all external connections from your firewall out?

Personally I'd suggest that you did wink

DCC get connects from you to the person who is sending it - so unless they have a firewall, allowing ur machine to make all connections from internally to externally would fix DCC get

Link Copied to Clipboard