mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
sobel Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
Months ago I post this to Bug Reports section. Someone suggested it should be in Feature Suggestions. To me it was a bug but after release and release of mIRC it still hasn't been fixed. So I would like it to be in the list of Feature Suggestions.

Pasting 1 line should mean 1 line with ending CR+LF. If you set "Confirm when pasting 1 line or more of text" it shouldn't ask for confirmation when a line with no CRLF is pasted. I can't quite work out why anyone would want to be asked for confirmation to put a line of text without CRLF into the edit box.

Cheers.

R
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
R
Well, I don't think I understood, what you mean, but if I copy and paste a line of text without crlf into my mIRC editbox, I don't get any confirmation message...

S
sobel Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi RaverJK. Did you set "Confirm when pasting 1 line or more of text"?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I agree with you.

This used to be possible when the feature was first implimented, but there was a bug in the feature where it was calculating and displaying line counts incorrectly. When Khaled correct this, it became no longer possible to block ONLY pastes that would send text to the channel... and NOT pastes that simply fill your editbox.

Ideally, this paste protection should only kick in when text is destined to hit the channel. If the text only fills your editbox or multi-line editbox, the paste protection should not trigger.

Paste protection is meant to prevent accidental and embarassing pastes to a channel. You can find the option under ALT+O > Other > Confirm. (to all readers)

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
S
sobel Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks, Raccoon. You've summed it up in the very clear way for others to understand about this problem. smile

I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
Yes, I totally agree.

Link Copied to Clipboard