mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
mIRC has a timer on it so when you DL it you have 30 days to use it and then you have to register. I need to learn how to do build a program like that, only atttach the program to music files instead. Could someone please help me. I want to have a website where you can DL music and listen for a few hours/days, and then you must purchase it if you want it. The money goes straight to the artist!
Please Help!
Thank You

M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
Hi, there! This is not the right place to post your question, but I'll give you the answer anyway.
If you think of mp3, wav, midi... there is NO way to put any executable code in that type of files (same for pictures).
Still, maybe you can write a program that will play your mp3 for a few days. You can store you mp3 in the exe file, so they don't have the actual mp3.

Note: That's only one of the ideas. The other is to give them samples of your music (20 seconds, example).

velicha dusha moja Gospoda
I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
Thank you Milosh, wonderful idea!!! So where can I go to talk to people about writing programs, or where could I go to learn about how to do it?
I would love to hear any other ideas you have. Thank You for replying!!

I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
Dunno what its like, but Mp3 to exe seems to do what you want.

M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
frown The best way (no money needed) is if you have some friend who can write that little program for you. The other way is to pay somebody to do that work for you... But, don't look at me... I am not working for money... cool

I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
What do you work for then, milosh? hehehe
I don't have any programming friends , thats why I am looking for them on the internet! Do you know a site I could go to, to find programmers, or a site that teaches programming.
Do you work for the benefit of Mankind?
or for artists to be free from having to go thru record companies to become famous?
I really cannot afford to pay anyone until the site gets online and starts to make the artists enough money to pay me. Thats why I thought it would be cool to learn how to do it myself. I will check out the program that Iori left. Thank You Iori!
L8R
Lesli

M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
Write me an e-mail: milosa@milnet.co.yu

I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
Thank You so Much!!!! That program is almost perfect, does what I need. But you have to register it and the place you register it is gone, I guess others had a hard time finding it too. Thank You for telling me about it!!!
Take Care
Lesli

Link Copied to Clipboard