mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
N
I'm using mIRC to send files out to other channel users. Up to version 6.12 this has worked normally, while still giving me the MAXCPS setting to limit the amount of b/w used by everyone. I'm aware this setting only works when a remotely requested file is transferred, and bypassed when the local user (me in this case) decides to send a file manually.

I've just looked at a remotely requested send that was going at approximatly 2 or 3 times the speed it was supposed to go, hence interfering with all other traffic I've got running on the line.

I've tried resetting the MAXCPS manually (did that in 6.12 too regularly, and altered the maximum DCC speed live), but somehow in 6.14 it doesnt seem to work. The send kept on going at thrice it's allowed speed (sucking up ALL b/w) hence interfering with general internet traffic.

For the complete picture: I got a line in the remote section like this which takes care of the sends (and yes, I'm aware it could be done more elegant, but that isn't the question):

ctcp 1:!trigger:?: //write .\Logs\trigger.txt $date $time $nick | if ( $nick ison #channel ) { if ( $send(0) >= 2 ) { /msg $nick There are too many sends in progress, try again later | halt } | /dcc send -c $nick <FILENAME> }

What it does (in easy terms), is write an entry to a log file when the trigger is called, then check if the user is in a certain channel, and if so, if the number of sends is less then 2. If all that is the case, the file will be sent.

I'm quite curious if anything was altered to this bit in 6.14, and if others have seen it behave the same way.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies, Neko

KyD Offline
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
try sending with "dcc send -cl $nick ..."

N
OP Offline
N
That seems to have done the trick... Wonder why it never acted up on previous versions. Or is this something that got added with version 6.14?

Anyway... Thanks sofar smile

Link Copied to Clipboard