mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#7505 20/01/03 07:02 AM
D
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
D
Trying to do a simple on join command to add a line to the listbox for that channel. I know this is handled elsewhere but I'm at a loss on this one.

//echo -a $fline( $+ $chan $+ , * $+ $nick $+ *, 1, 1)

Will look into the room listbox and find the matching nick, so I know it's not having a problem finding it (via the $chan window name) nor finding the proper nick.

But...
on *:JOIN:#: { aline -l 15 $chan $nick }
fails with * /aline: invalid parameters
on *:JOIN:#: { aline 15 $chan $nick }
fails with * /aline: insufficient parameters

If I do //echo $chan Test it outputs "Text" to the channel window.

I'm asuming there's some no-no about manually tinkering with the listbox for channel windows but I want to know how to get around that. Is this routine just hard coded to not allow it or is there some super secret formatting I should be using?

Thanks in advance.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
You can't mess with the nicklist of a channel window, sorry. wink

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
D
OP Offline
D
crazy
Anyone have the real email for the author? I need some changes made hehe. shocked

While we're here, anyone know why read has limitations that write does not?

What I mean is I'm using write commands to delete / modify lines 2,000+ lines deep in a file. If I do a read(file.txt, w, *text*) it will go 2,000+ lines deep as well.

However, if I do a read(file.txt, 1500) it fails. In fact, if I specify anything over 1500 it fails. *sigh* Why?

Back to the listbox thing, would I have to hack the DLL to accomplish this? Not that I can, just curious if I should start taking C classes now to make my own IRC so my script will work the way I want. mad

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
khaled@mirc.com is the author's email address. However, I'm pretty sure he won't modify it to let you mess with the nicklist. Too many other things hinge on that.

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
D
OP Offline
D
I emailed him. laugh

I hope I explained it clearly enough, but what I would like is the ability to modify the actual display variable used for nicklists.

I don't want anything to do with the underlying routines, just the display.

For example, instead of just hard coding the display as $nick, replace the $nick with a variable, and make that variable configurable just for the display routine.

Don't know how much of a PITA that would be to impliment, probably more than it's worth. frown

Ah well, life goes on. Back to my script lol. Thanks Hammer.

O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
If you wish you suggest something, I think it would be more efficient to use the suggestion board here. In this way, other board members can offer their thoughts about your suggestion.

About the $read issue, well, just tried that here with no problem. Perhaps your first line is a number? if so, you'd have to use the t switch in order to make mIRC ignore it: $read(file.txt,t,1900).

See /help $read for more information.

Besides a few coloring/retrieving commands, you can't modify the channel listbox. The way around it would be creating a custom @window with a side-listbox (/window -el15 @chan), hiding the real channel (/window -h #chan), and responding to every channel event/raw in order to /echo them to your custom window... not easy at all.

Link Copied to Clipboard