mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
I
iRP Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
I
Hi, I am making/redoing a mp3 player which uses the splay command and when I try to play a file which is 7.5mb+ mIRC crashes. I have temporaily added a /if statement:
Code:
  if ($file($shortfn(<filename>)) < 7860024) { splay <filename> } 

The file that I am recieving this error on is 7.95MB (8338108 bytes) and is called 17-notorious_b.i.g.-well_always_love_big_poppa_(r.i.p.)_(feat._112)-cns.mp3 from the Notorious BIG - From Beginning To End (Mixtape) Album.

Good job Khaled for 140,100+ lines of source code!!!
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
Nothing appends here.
I have used /splay with a 12,4 MB file and splay works.

Windows ME + all service pack

Q
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
Q
I just tried with a 109MB mp3 (a chapter from an audio book) and it worked just fine. Perhaps your MP3 is corrupted somehow...

(Windows 2000 SP4)

* Quietust, QMT Productions
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another
I
iRP Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
I
OK, I uploaded two mp3 files that are crashing my mIRC to a webserver, hoping that someone can give me answers to what the problem is. They can be downloaded at http://server.nconnect.net/17-notorious_...t._112)-cns.mp3 and http://server.nconnect.net/08-ludacris-screwed_up_(feat_lil_flip)-rns.mp3. To play them/crash your mIRC enter //splay $shortfn($sfile(c:)) . I also should suggest to open up a new mIRC program.

Also, I checked the .sfv files that came with the downloads and all file checksums returned OK.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
plays your 2 files and one of my own that's over 16mb with no problems here (maybe because I insist on using mediaplayer 6.4 instead of all the "updates"?)

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
i have the latest updates and have no problems

New username: hixxy
I
iRP Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
I
I have just tried playing the mp3 files in "Media Player Classic" that came with the KLite codec pack and I got the exact same error message in mIRC, which is "The instruction at "0x025cdff3" referenced memory at "0x02662000". The memory could not be "read"". Also, if you are running Win2k and get the same error message as me then please post.

This is what has been/needs gathered so far:
- Crashes on Windows Media Player 9 (Maybe only Windows 2000)
- Crashes on programs that use Windows Media Player to play files
- Still need to find out why only some files are crashing programs and others arent

Just posting this I tried a couple of things which included uninstalling the KLite codec pack and I tried playing those mp3's and they play fine. Problem was codec conflicts and it is now solved laugh

Last edited by iRP; 12/03/04 11:37 PM.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
thanks for posting what you found, it will prolly help others. glad you got it tracked down smile

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard