mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Help #74483
08/03/04 09:12 PM
08/03/04 09:12 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 1
J
joefish13 Offline OP
Mostly harmless
joefish13  Offline OP
Mostly harmless
J

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 1
How do i Download the TMD recruit pack. Its a faster version of mirc.

Re: Help #74484
08/03/04 09:45 PM
08/03/04 09:45 PM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 5,024
London, England
M
Mentality Offline
Hoopy frood
Mentality  Offline
Hoopy frood
M

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 5,024
London, England
I have no idea what the TMD recruitment pack is, however, I do know that the TMD group seem to be solely devoted to providing mIRC users with illegal files. Read this post.

I suggest for the "recruitment pack" you ask one of the members of TMD.

Happy chattin'

Regards,


Mentality/Chris
Re: Help #74485
08/03/04 11:54 PM
08/03/04 11:54 PM
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 428
Cyberia
P
PastMaster Offline
Fjord artisan
PastMaster  Offline
Fjord artisan
P

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 428
Cyberia
Took me all of 2 minutes with Google to find the TMD Group homepage.

The "Recruit Pack" appears to be nothing more or less than the infamous Invision script and its fserv. This is not a "faster version of mIRC", it's just another script.

PM


IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:
Re: Help #74486
09/03/04 01:11 AM
09/03/04 01:11 AM
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,600
Raccoon Offline
Hoopy frood
Raccoon  Offline
Hoopy frood

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,600
I'm thinking Khaled should disable /pdcc and create a new version called mIRC Highspeed! and charge $10 more for it. (la-NetZero gimmic)


Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Re: Help #74487
11/09/04 06:46 PM
11/09/04 06:46 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 2
T
TMD_Faern Offline
Bowl of petunias
TMD_Faern  Offline
Bowl of petunias
T

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 2
-edit-

When you get there, you'll have to enter this:

-edit-

Then the pack will be sent to you automatically. Be sure to enable auto-accept files. The recruit pack is basically the same as mIRC except that it automatically connects you to -edit- and the TMD channels. -edit-

-TMD-Faern

Last edited by Mentality; 11/09/04 07:01 PM.
Re: Help #74488
11/09/04 07:03 PM
11/09/04 07:03 PM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 5,024
London, England
M
Mentality Offline
Hoopy frood
Mentality  Offline
Hoopy frood
M

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 5,024
London, England
Hi there,

As was said above, we don't help with it on this forum - re-read the above posts, and this time, don't ignore them, particularly the link I posted.

Regards,


Mentality/Chris
Re: Help #74489
11/09/04 08:23 PM
11/09/04 08:23 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 2
T
TMD_Faern Offline
Bowl of petunias
TMD_Faern  Offline
Bowl of petunias
T

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 2
Actually, it's not illegal if the file is kept with the user for a period less than 24 hours, and if the user is only using the file for personal use, without any profit being made. As for the trojans and whatnot... Well, every single one of the files that is shared on TMD is in .avi format. And everyone knows that it's *really* *really* hard to infect an .avi file with any kind of virus. TMD explicitly refuses to share anything that is not .avi and preapproved by the TMD ops. All service providers must bow down to the law, and I already stated what the law is. That is the loophole in the AUP for providers. Besides, you suggested that they should ask a member of TMD, which is exactly what I am, so I simply gave them a way to reach us should they need to.

Re: Help #74490
11/09/04 08:36 PM
11/09/04 08:36 PM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 5,024
London, England
M
Mentality Offline
Hoopy frood
Mentality  Offline
Hoopy frood
M

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 5,024
London, England
We're not going to get into a law debate, laws differ from country to country, blah blah blah, it's all been said before. The point it comes down to in the end, is mIRC isn't a file trading program - it doesn't matter a) How many people use it for that purpose, b) The fact that the DCC protocol is supported by mIRC or anything else. It's just a plain fact. Whew.

The other point of course is, we have policies on this forum - very few compared to many sites, but there are some, and as 90% of the general users and regular users that come here manage to keep in line with the rules, so can you and the other 10% of people that find that because they disagree with something, gives them an excuse to do what they want.

The person has been answered, this isn't gonna go into an argument smile

Regards,


Mentality/Chris