Print Thread
D
denial Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
Version 6.14
Am I going blind or are the port settings now missing from dcc / options / Port settings??!!
My Belkin router is set at:
start = 5000
end = 5004
There is no place obvious to set this now and I cannot dcc send or connect dcc to my eggys.
I'd like to get back to normal here so, any fix or work around for this would be great.
Thanks guys

D
denial Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
To answer my own question:
I found it!
Connect / Options / Advanced

first port is 5000
Ending port is 5004
Set your routers to port forward:

And before Buddy says anything about Mirc not being a file transfering client... Why does it have the options then?
Not everyone is a pirate and serving warez or mp3's.
Some are serving graphics, research and original music.. not copyrighted.

Total respect goes out to the author of Mirc. I have made a great many friends using your software.
I wish people would stop trying to exploit it though.
They are screwing everyone.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
The file server in mIRC is very basic, as is the DCC protocol mIRC has. It is not meant for the mass file trading people use it for. If you are file serving legal files then you're one of the (few) people that the File Server is kept in mIRC for.

This Forum has never said it doesn't support people who use the file serving capabilities for legitimate uses, but we do not support illegal file trading. Often people don't realise that downloading mp3 files from Britney Spears or whoever is illegal, which is why, instead of getting annoyed, we politely explain the situation!

Just an FYI, it's a good idea to use the Search feature, cuz the port settings move has confused a few people. Expand to 'All Forums' and 'All Posts' for best results. You might also check out versions.txt.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard