mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
root66 Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
I use the following in my ON CONNECT event:

debug -i nul debug_handler

I have an alias called debug_handler that checks certain things before letting them pass through to mirc (it started as a workaround for an old exploit).

It works fine, but if I decide to /debug debug.log on a certain server, it says that it is outputting debug to debug.log and it is not!

I even tried typing /scon -a debug off -- then I typed /debug on debug.log -- It said it was outputting to debug.log and it still did not. Usually the "bugs" I find have very little merit but this one might be for real shocked

O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
No problems encountered here. A couple of debugs, one to nul and the other to debug.log, are living together peacefully (Edit: Win98 - if that matters)

root66 Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
If anyone else can say whether or not they are having this problem it would be appreciated. I will have to dig a little to tell you exactly how to recreate the problem, but it is definitely there.

I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
I was able to reproduce it. Fixed by //debug -n @~ | close -@ @~ | debug on

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I can't seem to reproduce either problem. Windows 98SE.

I can successfully [color:990000]/debug -i nul myhandler[/color] in one connection window, and then [color:990000]/debug debug.log[/color] in another connection window. The handler only receives output from the first connection, and the debug.log only receives output from the second.

I can successfully type [color:990000]/scon -a debug off[/color] and then check [color:990000]/debug[/color] in each status window. They both say [color:000099]* Debug output off[/color], and debugging had indeed stopped.

I would also like to add that this line works equally well, assuming the problem turns out to be the use of nul on NT operating systems. [color:990000]/debug -i foo.txt myhandler[/color] where your myhandler alias does not /return anything. If there is no /return, then no foo.txt file is created.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
What I did to reproduce it. All on the same connection.

/debug -i nul somealias
* Debug output on (nul)
/debug on
* Debug output on (debug.log)
It was not being logged.

//debug off | debug on
* Debug output off
-
* Debug output on (debug.log)

Still not being logged.

//debug -n @~ | close -@ @~ | debug on
Now it was logged to debug.log

Edit: Oh and NUL works just fine on NT. smile

Last edited by Iori; 07/03/04 01:58 PM.
O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
I see what you mean. The same happens here. Btw, nul works with /filter too laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard