mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
root66 Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
If you echo text without a color specified, or you have anything with a Ctrl+O before it, the color of that text will change on the screen when you change color settings for the event (even in text that has already been echo'd).

I really like how that works, but it doesnt work if you use /echo $color(event) to specify which color to echo. I know this might be a slightly demanding request, so take it with a grain of salt, but that would be a really nice fix. It might be silly to impliment the same kind of support for Ctrl+K but just for /echo <colornum> it would be cool.

I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
Use the -c <event> switch instead of using $color().
//echo -ac join hello

root66 Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
Wow, as much as I use /echo, I sure havn't read the documentation in a while. Thanks.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Does using the /echo -c switch cause mIRC to store event type information along with that echo'd line, so it follows event color changes too? I've simply continued using $colour(event) seeing no immediate benifit in changing my style of coding.

Using the -c switch feels a bit sloppy imho, something that will take some getting used to.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
root66 Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
/echo -c seems to work perfectly. I do see what you are saying about the slopiness but its not much different than some of the other odd command parameters that I have grown accustomed to. wink

I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
"Does using the /echo -c switch cause mIRC to ...follows event color changes too?"
There is a really easy way to find out, try it! :tongue:

Just for Your Laziness, yes it does. grin

root66 Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
Speaking of laziness, I guess you didn't bother to read what I said in between Raccoon's post and your own.

I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
Yes I did, my comment was to Raccoon. Did you notice that?

Link Copied to Clipboard