mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
slymer Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
I'm using v.6.14 and just a moment ago, I got back to my machine (moved the mouse so the screen saver would go away) and the channel buttons on the window bar were missing. Status was there, but the channels were not, even though I could see the channels I was in and could alt-# to them individually, but the button was not displayed at the bottom. I closed the windows and rejoined the channels and the buttons showed back up, but I'm still at a loss as to why they disappeared in the first place. Has this happened to anyone else?

btw: Win 2k SP3 w/security updates (SP4 hoses my system... especially windows explorer aka file manager(flashbacks to win 3.0... AHHHHHH!) grin

The Sly One
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
hmmm.. well, if you hold the alt key down and click on a status window button in the switchbar, that will show/hide all the channel buttons from the switchbar (so will alt + f1). I wonder if perhaps your alt key got sticky and when you moved the mouse you perhaps clicked?

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I wrote a script that did this intentionally; hiding the switchbar tabs of windows that have become inactive to free up realistate on my switchbar. Perhaps you are running one such script? You might try searching your scripts for "window -h" just incase.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!

Link Copied to Clipboard