mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
areels Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
A
Mirc has same interface for 9 years and i gonna be freak! Why you don't make a nice interface like trillian? i tried to use trillian instead of mirc but it's not stable as mirc, i beg you! Please do nothing but change this damn interface!

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
the interface isn't as important as bugs..

New username: hixxy
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
I suppose you'd marry a person that's a total *sshole
as long as they look good. When I was a teenager
working on my cars in the driveway, my dad used
to say "fix what needs fixed under the hood first,
and if you have any time and money left, then you
can make it look pretty"

T
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
T
ok change it for your self
http://elite-scriptaz.net/index.php?module=dlls
look for ktools!!

smile

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
ktools.dll is buggy with mirc 6.1 and above, /me recommends mdock.dll

New username: hixxy
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Next to Bersirc, mIRC has the best looking and cleanest looking interface of any client. This of course is a personal opinion and subject to dispute. Khaled should think about the smooth look in the toobar of Bersirc and emulate that (with his own actual icon designs of course) but generally, the mIRC GUI is almost perfect.

I think that fixing bugs is a higher priority though.

One other thing, mIRC has not had the same interface for nine years. The original one was colourless and had ugly looking MS Word V4 style tolbar buttons from what I recall and the newer coloured GUI has been revised slightly on at least three occasions.

1. When the colourisation was intensified (In V5.8 I think?)
2. When Visual Style functions were added (V6.01?)
3. When the number of toolbar buttons were reduced (V6.1?)

T
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
T
I like the interface of mIRC. It is very clean and easy to navigate. I rather have a completely bug free game that had good game play rather than a great looking game that crashed every five seconds and consisted of just staring at the great graphics. shocked

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Why change something that works? smile Seriously, the interface is quite easy to get around and use so why change it? Besides, keep in mind something else, the author likes the interface so it will stay that way till he feels it's time to change it smile

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
if it aint broke dont fix it.

get the bugs fixed and then work on the interface. i mean.. it can be a little boring (being a mirc user since it was first publicised) looking at the same screen for 9 years or so. so i think it would be kinda cool to eventually see mirc undergo a makeover.

on another note. for a personal post of my own. i would also like to see mirc gain features making it a skinnable program. such as trillian. would make mirc more fun in my opinion. would also attract many new developers in scripting and skinning. and yes i know about the dlls and text skinning and backgrounding and such blah blah blah. but still to see it being built in the mirc code. khaled would attract a large community.

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk

Link Copied to Clipboard