Print Thread
#73633 04/03/04 02:14 PM
K
kupotek Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
K
where do i download the OpenSSL 0.9.7c DLL's to use the new hyperlinking for mirc?

http://sites.inka.de/tesla/download/OpenSSL-0.9.7c.dll.zip

Last edited by kupotek; 04/03/04 02:42 PM.
K
kupotek Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
K
anyone know how to set up the 6.14 hyperlinking?

K
kupotek Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
K
I installed the files, and see the new SSL button in mirc options

now how do i use this to do hyperlinking in mirc?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
This isn't real-time chat, it's a forum. You don't need to keep posting to get people to respond, you just need a little patience.

Anyway, OpenSSL has nothing to do with hyperlinking. A hyperlink is a special peice of text which a program such as a web browser responds to which you can click to make it 'take' you to another part of the net. For example: this is a hyperlink. The OpenSSL DLLs are nothing to do with that, they are for creating secure connections to servers to prevent anyone from being able to intercept and read communications between you and the IRC server you're connected to.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
From whatsnew.txt:
- Support for <a href="http://www.mirc.co.uk/ssl.html">SSL</a> has been added. You'll have to download some DLL's of OpenSSL 0.9.7c separately from mIRC and place them in the mIRC folder for this to work. mIRC will load the dll's automatically if it finds them, after which you can initiate a secure connection to an SSL capable IRC server. SSL settings can be found in the Connect/Options dialog, and are visible only when openssl dlls are loaded.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
We make every effort to answer questions as soon as possible, but we cant be here 24/7 and answer the minute you post a question. Please be patient. If you need to add something to your original post, you have 2 hours to edit it.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
K
kupotek Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
K
Damn people chill out, whats with the attitude?

I wasnt posting to get anyone to post, I was posting updates to my progess !

You could be thankfull actually did some groundwork for people who might have the same problem!

I read the whatsnew txt file Para, I read it 5 times, then I had to go look for the DLL's finally found them, loaded them, got the button installed, and thats where I got stuck.

Again I wasnt posting out of impatience, I was posting my progress.

*Gives Para a peanut butter cookie*

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Quote:
anyone know how to set up the 6.14 hyperlinking?

^ isn't an update..

New username: hixxy
K
kupotek Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
K
oh no the end of the feraking world!!! you people need some serious nitpicking therapy ;p

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
*munches pb cookie happily*

um, sorry kupotek, but i'm a lil confuzzled about what you are asking confused

hyperlinking doesnt have anything to do with SSL, but perhaps you were asking where the link is with info for it on our website? http://www.mirc.co.uk/ssl.html gives info and one place to get the files needed

there is a list of some servers there that you can use to try SSL out (since you are seeing the option for it, then it sounds like they are loaded just fine)

my apologies if i've misunderstood

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard