Print Thread
#73548 04/03/04 12:05 AM
B
Blearg Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
Within a few minutes of running mIRC 6.14 for the first time, I started getting errors like " * Break: command halted" and " * Break: command halted (line 214, events.ini)". Since that point, any time my script is used in any way, I got errors like those. Nothing works anymore. No aliases. No events. No nothin. I attempted to go back to 6.12, but I still get the errors. Installing a clean version of mirc 6.14 works, but then if I just load my aliases file, the errors start again. Unloading the file doesn't fix it. If I add my events file, the errors start again, and unloading the file doesn't fix them. My script is very old, and has been in use for years. I'm sure it does quite a number of things the "old" way. How do I find out what's causing this?

#73549 04/03/04 12:13 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That's some sort of a keyboard "Sticky" error. Try just pressing (Correct me if Im wrong Raccoon, trying to rmemebr what you said) ctrl+shift+alt about 3-5 times. It should take off any kind of a stick key or what have you. I'd say your break button or ctrl button are stuck in the on position. Doing the keypresses should reset the buttons, or if anything, losen them up.

-KingTomato
#73550 04/03/04 12:21 AM
B
Blearg Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
Pressing the keys didn't seem to work, so I tried switching keyboards. I've still got the problem. I didn't really think it was a stuck key anyway. I'd have noticed issues in other programs as well. The fact that it started happening right after I got 6.14 indicates to me that this is an issue with the new version. Either there's a bug, or something I use in my scripts has been phased out. The latter seems unlikely, however, since it happens with both my aliases file and my events file.

#73551 04/03/04 12:38 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
See this post.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
#73552 04/03/04 01:17 AM
B
Blearg Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
I rebooted, and the problem went away.

*shaking head*

I managed to skip the first rule of troubleshooting a computer, and went straight to posting on the message boards.

Link Copied to Clipboard